1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium Pedals

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by squiretolley, Mar 9, 2013.

1. XXXCorps

XXXCorps Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    If they bring out a footrest in the same vain as the pedals for right hand drive I'll be very very surprised; that's what I mean by that.
  2. smudger69

smudger69 Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    No aluminium foot rest on the S3 in the pics of the one in the post in Brighton Audi.
  3. cristideca

cristideca New Member

[Nov 6, 2013]
    How did you managed to install the accelerator cap? I struggeled for an hour or two without luck.
  4. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Nov 6, 2013]
    It is tricky, it took me a while as well. The other 2 are easy, but there is a knack to the last one. If I remember rightly, I had to hook one corner of the pedal into the side of the cover (held diagonally), then kind of 'rotate' it on keeping the corner in the runner and hooking the other corner of the pedal into its place on the cover. Then you have to press the sides down to get the rest of the side runner in place.
  5. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member

[Nov 6, 2013]
    Hi, I fitted these type of pedals to my a4 b8, advice I was given was to steep them in hot water to soften the rubber, worked for me, remember, they're hot though!
  6. cristideca

cristideca New Member

[Nov 8, 2013]
    Will put it into boiled water and see what will happen. Thanks for the advice!
  7. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Active Member

[Nov 8, 2013]
    Will try hot water also (but not as far as boiling) as the brake pedal cap was easy but just can't get the accelerator pedal cap on properly.....

John.
  8. sftdi

sftdi Member

[Nov 8, 2013]
    I asked the dealer to fit mine because my previous experience with fitting the alu pedals on my A1 was a real pain and reduced me with finger ache for the rest of the day. However the dealer forgot which cheesed me off so I had to do it myself.

I found the brake and clutch pedals easy to fit and the accelerator a little more trickier. The whole thing took me about 5 mins. Think my A1 experience must have stood me in good stead:yes:
  9. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Nov 8, 2013]
    Brake/clutch took me 30 secs each, accelerator took me about 20 mins! I think it would be a lot quicker next time given I've worked out the best way to do it now, but it did baffle me for a while trying to work out how the hell I was going to get it on!