1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aluminium or chrome mirrors?!

Irish EK Nov 28, 2010

1. Irish EK

Irish EK Member

my 2005 A4 came standard with a chrome pack and when i bought it had what at the time i thought to be silver painted mirrors. on closer inspection i have found them to be very cheap replicas of the "S4" and "RS4" aluminium mirrors and are simply painted a flat aluminium colour.

i have been looking into replacing these mirrors with either chrome type, to go with the exterior chrome pack, or a much better aluminium replica, similar to those on the S and RS models. i have found the following two as examples, but would like your feedback! thanks!

Aluminium look: Audi A4 S4 8E B6 7 Alu Look Mirror Covers Caps Housings on eBay (end time 28-Nov-10 19:48:00 GMT)

Chrome look: Audi A4 S4 8E B6 B7 Chrom Mirror Covers Caps Housings on eBay (end time 28-Nov-10 16:44:28 GMT)

2. icenutter

icenutter Member

I suppose chrome would be bling and aluminium would be a bit more classy?

3. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Has anyone painted theirs silver? Would love to see some images as I suspect the results would be good... Halfords paint and lacquer?