1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium colour paint

hardcorism1983 May 28, 2011

1. hardcorism1983

hardcorism1983 New Member

I'm wanting to get the brushed aluminium s4 wing mirrors for my a4 s line. I have read somewhere that the new oem ones are just painted the aluminium colour. I was thinking of painting mine instead. What would be required, just the paint and a lacquer. Can anyone recommend a paint. Also what about painting the chrome window surrounds this colour too.

Thanks

2. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

Good look painting brushed aluminium mate, its not just a colour, tbh im not sure how they get the brushed effect, if its done through the painting process or if its how they polish it after.

Sorry dude i cant really help you but im keen to know the answers to this too as it does look cool!

3. uthedude

uthedude New Member

Give car paint warehouse a ring mate we do a thing called mipa v.i.p vicrom its the closest thing u will get to brushed ally 01173 009 058 can post paint is £42.50 + vat Shipping will probably be £7.50 + vat total £50.00 + vat £60.00 INC vat not open till tuesday tho!

4. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Any pics of that? Be interested in that if It's a close.match...