Alu interior....

I

imported_trident21

Anyone with som pics of the interrior? I´m intressted in the Alu ones. There exists two diffrent, but witch is witch? One with color code QQ5 and one with 1NK. I´m intressted in the one that comes with S-line, but how does it look and witch color code?

I have an S-line with the aluminium interior (manual). It is the brushed aluminium and I think it is fab, especially as the roof lining is black. Really brightens up the interior.

Unfortunately, my car is with the dealer at the moment with a list of repairs to be sorted out, but should be back at the end of the week. If nothing else appears in the meantime, I will take some pics and post them.

I just took a couple of quick pics of my S-line interior. The quality ain't the best, as the sun was shining rather brightly and low, but hopefully they are worth something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And yes, I have to agree with RobB, the brushed aluminium looks really great!

http://moogie.idle.fi/audi/20050228/

That's so much nicer than the alu trim available in non s-line cars, i.e. the textured alu look plastic. Yours actually looks like aluminium, is it ?.

It looks like it, and it sort of feels like it, but can't say for sure. They are too good at faking these things nowadays..

Great pics Moogie, nice to see different angle shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Mine is only a 3 door but the principle is the same. Good to see you have a red one too - same as me. Only seen 2 others and niether were s-line. Makes a change to stand out from the crowd.

Not sure if it really is aluminium but it certainly does look like it and it is ****** cold in the mornings!

If you have a choice of piano black or aluminium, go for the latter. I had not even seen it when I ordered mine as it was the first of the 2005 models and it had not been an option before then, but no regrets at all.

Can anyone with the S-line aluminium please cheak the color code? It´s really easy to cheak under the gearstick sourroundig (it´s only to pull this uppwards).... Those lists aren´t exacly for free so it most be right att the first time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Really looking forward to throw the piano black plastic as fas as i can....

I'll try and remember to check it tomorrow after work, once the car has been in the warm garage for the day. It's getting close to -15C outside, I think I'll break something if I start pulling stuff out now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

just checked my service book which contains all the optional equipment codes. Neither of your suggestions are there in the 42 options I appear to have, but there is a 1LK (this could mean a sunroof for all I know though!)

Are you going for the S-Line package? If you are then the brushed alu is the one that comes with it. Otherwise you have a choice of Piano Black Lacq or Medial Silver. The S-Line package is quoted as having brushed matt alu. Seems that the only way to have the real brushed alu is to get the S-Line package.

Mookie. The red light just above the door handle in pictures 1 and 3, is that part of the interior light pack?

Cheers

Im going to after mount them, thats why I´ll need the colorcode. In Etka they can´t see wich one of them that are the S-line one.

Does anybody know why the Audi website seems to contradict itself on this issue for the Sportback S-line? Under Price and Specification it lists gloss finished inlays but if you use the Configurator under Other Standard Equipment it says Matt Brushed Aluminium, the paper brochure makes no mention of these as part of the S-line pack. Does anybody know what the UK version comes with as standard? I specified the optional medial aluminium as, until recently, I was under the impression it came with the gloss black inlays as standard. Now it looks like I might have wasted the 80 quid.

Turbomower, find out from another dealer (or another dealer) if it comes as standard, if it does, then complain, you cannot pay for something that is not an extra. £80 is still £80 of your cash.

[ QUOTE ]
The red light just above the door handle in pictures 1 and 3, is that part of the interior light pack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are. And that's one option which is definately worth selecting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The S-lines come with Brushed alluminum as a no-cost option in the S-line pack (as detailed in price list page 16/17). But you still need to spec it, even though its no-cost. (like the no-cost option climate control, who WOULDN'T have it?)

The web site is a marketing gimmick - generally unreliable.
Japper - the medial alu is real metal i'm sure. I had it on an A4 and kept denting it with my mobile phone round the gear stick / ashtray area! And it is cold like the door pulls etc. not warm like the plastics.

Medial is only availble on NON s-lines for £80. If you ordered (and paid) for medial with an s-line, then the dealer has kept your money and lied to you. Their computer ordering system would not allow medial + sline.

You can always argue the price before you take delivery. My dealer tried to charge me for DIS on a sport. I ordered the car at that price, but when I found out that it was standard I phoned them up and they said.... oh yeah, sorry, we'll knock that off the delivery price for you. Bet they wouldn't have if i hadn't queried it.

Ok. Pulled up the panel around the gearstick, and here's what was written on the sticker behind it:

P 14184-05
1NK 02S

So I'd go with the trims that have the 1NK in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm pretty sure my car hasnt got the 'S-Line' logo on the seats like in the pics.
Is it an option? (Before you ask yes I do have an S-Line)

Yeah it does look quite cool. Shame really
Thanks

Yeah, but the sportback ones wouldn't fold anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks, thats what i thougt.... But now when i know I can sleep at the night....

Just a point to note. The aluminium trim on an S-Line is not available when DSG is fitted. Why, I have no idea.

Steve

The ally trim saga continues.....

I've had BIG discussions with 2 dealers and Audi UK about this because I ordered a 2T Sport in Nov 04 with DSG:

Official response:

Medial Ally (non s-line ally) on a 3door was not available with DSG until Jan 05 because they changed the DSG stick surround at that time to match the sportback leather one. (previously it was a different shape to the manual stick surround, so the aly kit wouldn't fit.)

However, Brushed ally as part of the s-line pack has always been available with DSG - I've test driven a DSG 3.2 s-line which had brushed ally trim (must be some owners here too with the same)

Since Jan 05 Medial ally has been available on 3 doors with DSG for £80. So it is now available on all non s-line models.

I just missed out and got the new gear stick - but no ally trim as it wasn't allowed when i ordered. Retro fit = £550!!

Hope this helps.

Great isn't it, spent a fortune on a new car and I'm not sure what its going to turn up looking like.

As I have a 3dr sport without the ally trim (wasn't available with DSG) I'm going to buy the s-line brushed trims from VAG / dealers and fit them. Bit nicer than the medial ally.

The plastic ones just pull off, so I assume the metal ones just clip on!

Prices to come..

miket,

Think they'll be pricey, hope your sitting down when they tell you the price. Hope not though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So on a 3 door are there ally strips for the rear passenger side armrests?

Those prices seem similar to the Medial ally prices from my dealer. Except they wanted another £300 to fit them!

[ QUOTE ]
So on a 3 door are there ally strips for the rear passenger side armrests?

Those prices seem similar to the Medial ally prices from my dealer. Except they wanted another £300 to fit them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitting them takes a few minutes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

No - we're just non smokers with the 'non smoking pack' (no ashtray fitted)!!