1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternator Pulley

will89 Oct 8, 2010

1. will89

will89 Member

Just got a price for a new alternator pulley at a local independant for £111 inc VAT

Is that a fair price?

2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

The pulley is about 40-50 quid from ECP and it takes about 1 hour to undo and replace. You need the special tool as well wich is about 15 quid as well. i would say its a fair price... If you close to London i could supply and fit for 80 quid but i have no overheads just "mates rates" ! Cheers.

3. will89

will89 Member

I would take you up on that however I'm in Gloucester. Could do with someone local with vagcom though. Don't really want to buy it and I'm unsure as to whether it will work with my MacBook pro anyway.

4. iyrix

iyrix Member

I got mine from Euro's. About £50 i think. This was making an horrible noise in my car!!

5. will89

will89 Member

I'm hoping that's what the noise is on mine. What was your noise like? I'm just hoping once I get it back the noise is gone!

6. iyrix

iyrix Member

Strange, like a grinding growling noise... hard to discribe!..

7. way318

way318 Member

I'd try Murrays Direct, thats were I bought my parts from.

Great to deal with. I got Alt pulley (£37.37), Tensioner/Damper Assembly (£60.48) and 2 ribbed belts (Aux & A/C) one was £6.83 and the other was £3.56 and only £7 next day delivery, these prices don't inc VAT. They are OE quality and come with warranty of 12000 mile or 12months which ever comes first.

These prices were from April this year when mine was done and not had a problem with them.

The engine in mine is the 1.9TDI AWX.

Defo worth a call to them.