1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to meguiers lambswool wash mitt

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by johnnythepie, Jun 19, 2012.

1. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Now ive always been happy with the above mitt, but the last two ive had have suffered from alopecia after three or four uses.They are not used on wheels and washed in non bio, never stored wet.Any alternatives please???
  2. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Member

I use a Carpro wash mitt and have had no issues at all matey
  3. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

My lambs wool mitt was the same, so now I just use a normal microfiber noodle mitt. The wookies fist does look good though, but not cheap.
  4. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

thanks chaps ill give em a go one at a time.I guess that the carpro one is the aquartz one?
  5. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Member

It is matey, i`ve used most mitts over the years but this one is the best i`ve ever used
  6. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

Another fan of the car pro wool mitt, there ace. Ok a little more pricey that what you've been using but well worth the extra...

Car Pro Swirl Free Wool Wash Mitt | Latest Products | Juicy Detailing

As for the Supernatural Wookies Fist and short haired one, both very good. Again price high, partly due to the brand but also the cost of the wool these days. Manufacturers are finding the costs increasing due to the popularity of Ugg boots and similar, therefore the off cuts are decreasing in availability. We stock both of these an I've used them, happy to recommend.

I'm having throttle keeping my kit to myself as staff members keep using it an not looking after it....going to have to lock it away soon!
  7. drmole

drmole Active Member

for cheap and quality cant beat these to be honnest i use them all the time www.sheepskinshop.co.uk - Sheepskin Wash Mitts they vary in color n size but are always top quality and lovely n fluffy

but for special wash's i have the DoDo Yeti n Wookie