Alternative to adjustable rear tie bars???

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
Instead of getting adjustable rear tie bars would these work on OEM tie bars? Seems a lot cheaper than £300. You can get the kit for about £100 and probably fit within an hour.

Anyone interested?

A lowered TT/R32 will have too much rear camber; left unchanged can lead to premature inner tire wear and reduced corner performance. The ECS TT/R32 Quattro camber kit can bring your TT/R32’s suspension geometry back into spec. Available in a 2 bushing kit for moderately lowered vehicles (less than 1 ½”) or a 4 bushing kit for extra low vehicles.

blank.gif

I was going to get this kit myself, as I'm not too keen on the adjustable tie bars, they seem fragile to me, but asking for advice on here previously, this option offers limited adjustment, and is classed as a 'bodge' job over the tie bars.

yep, bodge job

if your going to do it, do it properly!!
KW adj tie bars for sale, pm me with an offer

cheers

ash

The Forge tie bars are TUV approved...so no bodge job, or fragile piece.
They just work, and work well....and you can get to the adjustment easily.

I would be very surprised if you'd even get enough adjustment on the bush type kit..and even more surprised if you'd ever get them adjusted again once they've been under the car for a while.

Im going to chop and re-weld some standard bars to the right length. I was wondering if any one new when the bars are set ( for a - 25 mm set up) how much shorter they are? im guessing at taking 4 -5 mm out.

Oh yeah before any one says, i am tight!
And im a qualified engineer, so no it wont be a bodge!

i say 4-5mm would be way to much as the bar is connected close to the center of the hub, by the time you get out to the outside of the wheel its going to have moved a major amount. you IMO would be better off making/copying an adjustable bar.