1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpine and Steering Wheel controls

StephenC Jan 16, 2013

1. StephenC

StephenC New Member

I've just upgraded my Concert Radio for an Alpine INE-S920Ei (catchy name, isn't it!) in a 2012 A3 (8P). I've not played with it much yet but am looking for help with the steering wheel controls. I have the connection module installed (don't ask me the details as the workshop did it) and can use the 'previous/next track' and 'volume' dials on the steering wheel. The 'mode' button just seems to bring up a message on the dash saying "no phone attached" and the 'speech' button doesn't do anything. Is there any way to get one of those two buttons to answer / hang up calls? I have had the dealer disable the factory bluetooth (which they kindly did for free).

Thanks

So far I'm happy with the system (I can't compare with the Audi Sat-Nav but it seems more responsive than my old Zenec unit, which had a great feature set but naff touch screen)

2. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

No way that I know of, these buttons are sepcifically for the Audi BT system or something that emulates it, so I guess the integration of the Alpine is not that sophisticated.

3. StephenC

StephenC New Member

I suspect you are right. The Zenec used the 'speak' button to answer calls but advertised itself as designed specifically for the Audi so a more generic unit like mine may not work. Still worth a shot, in case somebody brighter than me has a solution.