1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alphabid

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by simonwjones, Sep 11, 2006.

1. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 11, 2006]
    Hi all

I have a 2002 A6 C5 and have just received my cable from Alphabid, as recommended by a lot of people on here.

The connector seems to be a "D" shaped connector whereas I just found that my OBD2 connector on my car is more square with keyed edged.

Does that mean that Ive ordered the wrong one. If so does anyone know if Alphabid do one to fit my car.

If anyone near Stoke wants this cable free of charge then please contact me.Collection only , cant be bothered to post it.
    No use to me now.

Cheers

Simon
  2. Sebastian

Sebastian Member

[Sep 11, 2006]
    In priciple you ordered the right one, but the hardware sold by alphabid is known not to match the VW/Audi specs - thats why 3rd party hardware sucks. ;)
  3. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 11, 2006]
    heres the response from Alphabid after emailing them a picture of my connector.

does this mean that Audi use two types of connectors on the A6 C5.

if so can u get a convertor??

"Simon, this is not your lucky day. 1 in a million that our product wont fit the vw connection. Please send back for a refund."

can anyone recommend a third party cable that will fit, I wont use it enougth to warrant a genuine Rosstech cable.
    cheers

Simon
  4. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 12, 2006]
    Top Tip

never try and connect obd cable when its dark.

tried again tonight, actually on it now, in the car and it fits fine.

the shareware version wont do a full scan for faults, so might just buy the activation now.

just having a play to see what it is capable of

Simon