Allroad stuck on level one help

overdraft

Reaction score
My 2004 a6 allroad air pump had been getting louder so ordered a service kit and dropped it out last night and changed it.

the car had been cycling through all levels ok, but recently if you stopped at traffic lights etc on level two it would throw up the orange warning light on the cluster.

fitted all back together and started the cat, it throw up the warning light straight away, I turned off the ignition on and off and got about three bursts out of the compressed to get me up to level one. Now it's frozen it won't go any higher, when I press the button on the dash it lights but doesn't start the pump etc, no more short burst from the pump either.

help......

If it adds to the problem, I drove the car all day on level one no problems , until I opened the tailgate and it threw up the orange fault light and level one has started flashing and the compressor only runs for about three seconds once the ignition is turned on then stops....

Did you fit the seal wrong way round?

No no I took the old one off beside the piston and set it flat and replaced the new one with the same shape milled opening against the pin.

no matter what I try the compressor won't run , on ignition on I goes for a burst of maybe 3 seconds and stops .

Think it's the temperstre sensor which fits in one of the bolts that holds head on, I had this on mine but bag piping andy helped me out. You can run it without the small connector fitted and contact andy about a replacement. It's G31 if I remember correctly.

*Temperature sensor.
Give andy an email he is sooo good I can't thank him enough for all the help he gave me and how many emails, texts and phone calls he had from me lol.

No no I took the old one off beside the piston and set it flat and replaced the new one with the same shape milled opening against the pin.

no matter what I try the compressor won't run , on ignition on I goes for a burst of maybe 3 seconds and stops .
Check the fuses in the side dash panel as well as the big 40 Amps fuse under steering wheel. I had a similar issue a few months ago, wiring chaffed by rubbing onto the air compressor heat shield and it was sorting out- no compressor activity and the small fuses were blowing as soon as i was fitting new ones. In the end decided to get the seal repair kit from Andy then discovered the cut wires- repaired and all is good for a few months now ! Also the valve block is known to give up the gost so i will lok into that as well as it will give similar issues to yours...