1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allroad ABT Sportsline 2.5 tdi !

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by adamss24, Apr 17, 2013.

1. All-rod

All-rod New Member

[Jul 30, 2014]
    I am sure tuning wise first come will not be disappointed!
    So are you are going to start from scratch on other Allroad?
  2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jul 31, 2014]
    Technically yes, i will have to start from scratch but already i find differences which makes me want to keep the old one ! For starters, the BAU engine in the final/limited edition allroads is using a lesser pump, it does not have the 3 plunger head as the early allroads, which i was suspecting due to slight differences: early allroad has full alloy intercooler, later has plastic end caps, early has bigger nozzles, later are smaller but atomize better. Early have cruder/fewer maps in the ECU (512Kb eeprom memory), later have 1Mb eeprom so more sophisticated maps !
    Good thing with the later is that's manual gearbox and never been towed with it, however gearbox is not as sleek as the early car despite being lower mileage + it's been kept by the seaside which means the underside is a little bit rusty when my old allroad is pristine underneath !
    Also the early model is better equipped: front/rear parking sensors, the suspension has been rebuilt, new rear airbags, solid track rod ends (makes for a very precise steering with loads of feedback), front/rear antirol bars and much more...It will take me weeks to bring the new car to the same level as the old one but hey, it's a new car, should be better, no ?!
  3. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

[Aug 1, 2014]
    Can you pm me the details? Pics?
    Thanks.
  4. adamss24

[Aug 6, 2014]
    Made some alloy hardpipes for the "new" allroad, had to make a few as i have a couple of friends with same cars/engines. I kept blowing boost hoses and they are very expensive from dealer- the new alloy ones won't break anymore... So far the new car behaves really well, there's a couple of quirks with the self leveling suspension but i have a whole spare allroad for parts if needed.
    Spent a lot of money on a Thermal Arc AC/DC welder and pure gas to weld alloy, had a TIG before but that could not do alloy...

Attached Files:

5. adamss24

[Aug 10, 2014]
    Swapped the intercooler i had on fjtwelve old a6 and fitted it to the "new" allroad along with a 4 Bar map sensor and uprated Mikalor hose clamps then mapped the car to suit the gt2052 turbo, it goes really well and no lag whatsoever ! next on the cards is either a hybrid 2266 as i had on the 300Bhp a6 or a GTB2260vk as i still have a few in the garage ! Next is to swap some of the parts of my old allroad then decide which to keep !
    The BAU engine in this allroad has a very rare block 2.9L, every other one i have seen has a different cast marking apart from very few early AFB engines which had a full 3L block yet still sold as 2.5 !

Attached Files:

6. adamss24

[Aug 10, 2014]
    Few more pictures courtesy of my mate Alex, who's also got an allroad running my old kit of the 300Bhp a6 !

Attached Files:

7. adamss24

[Sep 9, 2014]
    After tweaking the map and adjusting the actuator/stop screw to get turbo to spool half decent i am at a point where i do like the car ! It has far more power than the old a6 i had from fjtwelve ! If i find time i will take it to AMD in Essex to get it on a rolling road... Goes like mad but i have fuel shortage, had same issue with the engine shutting down on a hard pull, the fuel lines just cannot cope with the fuel demand ! Had a bit of a "in gear" drag race with a b7 rs4 cabriolet whilst towing my empty trailer and is fair to say that the rs4 stood no chance from 30 to 70 Mph ! Sadly i am getting rid of the car, one of my cousins offered me money for the car albeit in standard form...
  8. adamss24

[Sep 11, 2014]
    Took Alex- one of my mates- for a fast drive round M25, he filmed a little with his new fancy GoPro style camera, footage to follow ! Car is an animal pure and simple !
  9. adamss24

[Sep 11, 2014]
    Video as promissed....
    [​IMG]
  10. gtiboy

gtiboy Member

[Sep 12, 2014]
    That looks awesome Chris !
    Are you happy with it now ?
  11. adamss24

[Sep 13, 2014 at 1:05 AM]
    There is room for improvement still ! Cannot be bothered, i have promised this allroad to one of my cousins so very soon i will have to give it to him ! Already looking for the next replacement...looks like it's going to be a nice b5 v6 quattro estate !