Allroad ABT Sportsline 2.5 tdi !

I am sure tuning wise first come will not be disappointed!
So are you are going to start from scratch on other Allroad?

I am sure tuning wise first come will not be disappointed!
So are you are going to start from scratch on other Allroad?

Technically yes, i will have to start from scratch but already i find differences which makes me want to keep the old one ! For starters, the BAU engine in the final/limited edition allroads is using a lesser pump, it does not have the 3 plunger head as the early allroads, which i was suspecting due to slight differences: early allroad has full alloy intercooler, later has plastic end caps, early has bigger nozzles, later are smaller but atomize better. Early have cruder/fewer maps in the ECU (512Kb eeprom memory), later have 1Mb eeprom so more sophisticated maps !
Good thing with the later is that's manual gearbox and never been towed with it, however gearbox is not as sleek as the early car despite being lower mileage + it's been kept by the seaside which means the underside is a little bit rusty when my old allroad is pristine underneath !
Also the early model is better equipped: front/rear parking sensors, the suspension has been rebuilt, new rear airbags, solid track rod ends (makes for a very precise steering with loads of feedback), front/rear antirol bars and much more...It will take me weeks to bring the new car to the same level as the old one but hey, it's a new car, should be better, no ?!

I've got a c5 2.5 tdi quattro s line manual, it's not a showroom condition, it needs a few things done to it but if u interested u can come and see it and if is something you looking for maybe we can come to an agreament

Can you pm me the details? Pics?
Thanks.

Made some alloy hardpipes for the "new" allroad, had to make a few as i have a couple of friends with same cars/engines. I kept blowing boost hoses and they are very expensive from dealer- the new alloy ones won't break anymore... So far the new car behaves really well, there's a couple of quirks with the self leveling suspension but i have a whole spare allroad for parts if needed.
Spent a lot of money on a Thermal Arc AC/DC welder and pure gas to weld alloy, had a TIG before but that could not do alloy...

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,745
Swapped the intercooler i had on fjtwelve old a6 and fitted it to the "new" allroad along with a 4 Bar map sensor and uprated Mikalor hose clamps then mapped the car to suit the gt2052 turbo, it goes really well and no lag whatsoever ! next on the cards is either a hybrid 2266 as i had on the 300Bhp a6 or a GTB2260vk as i still have a few in the garage ! Next is to swap some of the parts of my old allroad then decide which to keep !
The BAU engine in this allroad has a very rare block 2.9L, every other one i have seen has a different cast marking apart from very few early AFB engines which had a full 3L block yet still sold as 2.5 !

Attachments

• 1407142349736.jpg
    1407142349736.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 1407142403952.jpg
    1407142403952.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 389
  • 1407142404339.jpg
    1407142404339.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 1407597193977.jpg
    1407597193977.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 1407597665501.jpg
    1407597665501.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 404
Few more pictures courtesy of my mate Alex, who's also got an allroad running my old kit of the 300Bhp a6 !

Attachments

• 20140730_203443.jpg
    20140730_203443.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 20140730_211939.jpg
    20140730_211939.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 20140806_155018.jpg
    20140806_155018.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 20140806_191024.jpg
    20140806_191024.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 404
After tweaking the map and adjusting the actuator/stop screw to get turbo to spool half decent i am at a point where i do like the car ! It has far more power than the old a6 i had from fjtwelve ! If i find time i will take it to AMD in Essex to get it on a rolling road... Goes like mad but i have fuel shortage, had same issue with the engine shutting down on a hard pull, the fuel lines just cannot cope with the fuel demand ! Had a bit of a "in gear" drag race with a b7 rs4 cabriolet whilst towing my empty trailer and is fair to say that the rs4 stood no chance from 30 to 70 Mph ! Sadly i am getting rid of the car, one of my cousins offered me money for the car albeit in standard form...

Took Alex- one of my mates- for a fast drive round M25, he filmed a little with his new fancy GoPro style camera, footage to follow ! Car is an animal pure and simple !

That looks awesome Chris !
Are you happy with it now ?

There is room for improvement still ! Cannot be bothered, i have promised this allroad to one of my cousins so very soon i will have to give it to him ! Already looking for the next replacement...looks like it's going to be a nice b5 v6 quattro estate !

This Allroad is one of more accomplished to the world!
Really impressing all the developments which you bring to this V6 TDI!
I hope that my block will inhale so much the health in the future.

Video as promissed....
Brilliant! Can now see why you were suited and booted in Swindon.
Loving the thread, just got my first C5 AR after a couple of 2.7tt's and you're wetting my appetite for an upgrade or two.
Looking forward to what's to come.

Ha, ha, ha ! To be honest i have won the apeal due to schetchy evidence and contradictory statements, i wasn't even speeding then ! I have sold the allroad to one of my cousins so i have a new project now- a 2005 allroad. Been busy tweaking friends cars lately, i have started doing custom exhausts and loads of fabrications lately...it's just as fun !

Good news!
First bit of work to be done is sadly rather prosaic; non working central locking and parking censors, colour matching the bumpers and fixing a couple of paint chips. Though the wheels look great on the avatar, I'm itching for larger 19'' ones just to properly fill those arches. and I'll take note of your steel spacer comments from another thread.
Then I'll be hitting you up for info on suitable remaps etc for the 2.5 tdi!
Cheers.

Drop by one day and i will let you take a spin in a few allroads with different tuning levels, some mild some more extreme !

Drop by one day and i will let you take a spin in a few allroads with different tuning levels, some mild some more extreme !
Cheers lad , I look forward to it and to seeing your set up.

Whatever takes your fancy, up to 400 Bhp is available from the good old v6 tdi engine asuming you have a healthy pump and all supporting mods: nozzles, clutch, turbo (hybrid or gtb series), uprated fmic, 4 Bar Map sensor, alloy boost pipes, egr delete, custom map, uprated tubular manifolds, etc.

I am working on a ball bearing turbo conversion with custom billet compressor wheel, lightning fast acceleration and transient response- makes the heavy allroad feel like a hot hatch !

Dogs would be permanently stuck to the rear window with all of that !
Largely looking for better pulling away from standstill performance and reducing the current turbo lag. More would be delightful but I can't afford any more trips to " Swindon". What's your first thought?