Alloys

I'm going for the 17's in the name of cheaper tyres, less un-sprung weight and ultimately better handling... For reference, here are a set of 17" TT alloys over my Porsche Brembo's, which for the record are from the front of a 911 Carrera 2, none of this rears or Boxster Brembo malarkey!

Also, these Ronal TT alloys are quite thick and bulky in construction, leaving less brake clearance than most aftermarket 17" would offer.

I should be fine then! literally about to order these now as i've decided to buy them new. Going with hyper black, 17x8.25 just haven't decided on offset yet 25,30 or even 35:tongueclosed: Just waiting on them confirming a few things for me then they will be ordered! now parcelforce or royamail ... :anguished:

Imo 17's just don't look big enough to fill the huge S3 arches, at least 18's would be the smallest I would choose, as a compromise between looks and handling, wide 17' are a bit roller skate looking, but it's your opinion that matters, fit whichever rims you think will be best, it's just a big expense of you get it wrong.

I should be fine then! literally about to order these now as i've decided to buy them new. Going with hyper black, 17x8.25 just haven't decided on offset yet 25,30 or even 35:tongueclosed: Just waiting on them confirming a few things for me then they will be ordered! now parcelforce or royamail ... :anguished:
ET25 will fit just fine! :)

Reactions: VAG-Slag
Imo 17's just don't look big enough to fill the huge S3 arches, at least 18's would be the smallest I would choose, as a compromise between looks and handling, wide 17' are a bit roller skate looking, but it's your opinion that matters, fit whichever rims you think will be best, it's just a big expense of you get it wrong.

Although I'm a big advocate for the advantages of 17's, I do partly agree here (regarding S3 anyway)... Although I think they'll look fine so long as the spacing/offset is right - As Jojo says, ET25 should be just about perfect, you may want to space them out a little though.

When you hoping to have them on out of interest?... I'm keen to see how they look!!!

Although I'm a big advocate for the advantages of 17's, I do partly agree here (regarding S3 anyway)... Although I think they'll look fine so long as the spacing/offset is right - As Jojo says, ET25 should be just about perfect, you may want to space them out a little though.

When you hoping to have them on out of interest?... I'm keen to see how they look!!!

Decided to go for the 18's with ET25 they said shipping will take 3-5 days as I didn't want the set with multi holes with like 10 holes. So they are sending me the 5x stud pattern ones which I'll hopefully have on this time next week!

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, jojo and VAG-Slag
They haven't arrived yet but quick question on tyres, what size am I looking at with no stretch? 225, 45, 18 or 235, 45, 18?

They haven't arrived yet but quick question on tyres, what size am I looking at with no stretch? 225, 45, 18 or 235, 45, 18?
The 'correct' tyre size foe your car is 225/40 18, irrespective of stretch or not. You haven't told us what width rims you went for? But on an 7.5-8" wide, the size I mentioned will have no stretch.

The 'correct' tyre size foe your car is 225/40 18, irrespective of stretch or not. You haven't told us what width rims you went for? But on an 7.5-8" wide, the size I mentioned will have no stretch.

They are 8.5" wide. Seems strange that tyre size stays the same even though there bigger I wasn't sure, Obviously just 18".

They are 8.5" wide. Seems strange that tyre size stays the same even though there bigger I wasn't sure, Obviously just 18".
There will be a bit of stretch on an 8.5" wide, you can run a 235/40 18 if you don't want the stretch, but the speedo may be slightly out(or more accurate, as it usually over reads anyways).

Reactions: Markon
Well after a few issues with shipping I finally have these on!

Few quick snaps tonight

KAxXl8O.jpg

s1E4DEn.jpg

And the lip we were all talking about

RzMnokW.jpg

Very happy with them although I think with the car lowered a little they would look better. Glad I went with the hyper black such a nice colour with a silver car. The lip sticks out a decent bit but its not that bad. Next up is to get the original Avus's refurbed :)

Reactions: ruairi83, feck_on_a_stick and VAG-Slag
Yeah fine, if you want some, niliano is selling the ones off my car as he is the new owner and changed them, pm him to see how much he wants.

IMG 1811

spacers to go on 16mm back and 11mm front :)