Alloys

mitch2575

Reaction score
will this alloy size number is (9J x 19 x ET48) fit my A4 B6 1.8T Cab??

My bad i read the post wrong (40) The offset of 49 will give less inner clearance.

This is what was advertised on alloys RS 4 phase 2 19"
part number
4F0 601 025BA

the size number is
(9J x 19 x ET48)

tyre size
255/35/ZR19 96Y

Run the wheel's with some spacer's and you will be fine. et48 with a 10mm hub centric spacer's will bring it down to et38 which will look fine as the wheel will be closer to the outer arch , 255 tyre is a little wide .

Are they genuine or rep's as the seller is describing as a genuine alloys? Are spacers safe? would i need to replace bolts and would they rub on my arches?

Spacers are safe, but you really should get hubcentric ones as mentioned, this means that the spacer uses the exact pcd and centre bore size as your original hub so the spacers fit on tight to the hub. Cheap spacers have several holes for a universal fitment of all different pcd's and will have a huge centre bore hole which means they have a load of movement on the hub when you fit them.

So, you want to get some 10mm 5x112 57.1 centre bore hubcentric spacers, and a full set of longer wheel bolts to be on the safe side, I'm sure you can use the original bolts on 10mm spacers but to be honest I'd rather be safe than sorry, you would be loosing 10mm of thread on your original bolts if you didn't change them at the end of the day.

The 255 tyres are definately too wide if your going to be running spacers on a 9" wide wheel, 235's would be perfect, whilst 225's would give quite a bit of stretch on the side wall, which is fine if that's the look your after.

Are they genuine or rep's as the seller is describing as a genuine alloys? Are spacers safe? would i need to replace bolts and would they rub on my arches?

I have used spacers for year's. Hubcentric is a must must when using spacer's

Are spacers safe?
I have been using them for years
as long as you use good make like H+R hubcentrics and make sure you use suitable length studs of quality origin there as good as anything
also make sure you torque your wheel studs up to spec as you should anyway so many dont .

do NOT just guess with the bolt-lengths though.... I got it very slightly wrong on a previous car and did >£500 damage to the ABS sensors.

Spacers are safe, but you really should get hubcentric ones as mentioned, this means that the spacer uses the exact pcd and centre bore size as your original hub so the spacers fit on tight to the hub. Cheap spacers have several holes for a universal fitment of all different pcd's and will have a huge centre bore hole which means they have a load of movement on the hub when you fit them.

So, you want to get some 10mm 5x112 57.1 centre bore hubcentric spacers, and a full set of longer wheel bolts to be on the safe side, I'm sure you can use the original bolts on 10mm spacers but to be honest I'd rather be safe than sorry, you would be loosing 10mm of thread on your original bolts if you didn't change them at the end of the day.

The 255 tyres are definately too wide if your going to be running spacers on a 9" wide wheel, 235's would be perfect, whilst 225's would give quite a bit of stretch on the side wall, which is fine if that's the look your after.

Ok get my head round this!
Spacers are fine as long as i change the bolts;
Would need to change the tyres to 235 rather than 225?

Is this right?

Is this right?

Pretty much yeah :), If you buy spacers new, most of them come with longer wheel bolts.. Az post is spot on with the info you'll need :)

Is this right?

Hubcentric spacers are perfectly ok with replacement longer bolts.

235 section tyres would be fine, but if you're looking for a more 'stretched' look to the tyres then consider 225 section. Either way you'll need to replace the existing 255 tyres which will be too wide for fitment on the B6.