Alloys + To close with power washer = Oh dear

JCC1981

Reaction score
....was washin car this wkend and got abit close to one of my back alloys on my A3 with the power washer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif....and i think i've removed abit of the lacker off the alloy as a few bits of grey flew off (OOOH SH*T!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. How serious is this? and is it worth repairing?

....there the 17" Audi 9 spoke alloys, i'll probably have to get that one reconditioned from the looks of it, anyone know the best place to get this done? plus price range?

Usual refurb prices range from 40 to 60 quid, but you'll need to get the two on the same side done as the refurb colour will be different to the original. Try a search on here, as you'll find it's a subject that's been discussed many times as we've all had our little mishaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

..i think its back to good ol bucket and sponge from now on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Does anyone know what the local Audi dealers are like in Oxfordshire?? (Reading, Kidlington & Newbury), and which ones should i avoid?

Oxford Audi, in my experiences, are pretty good. THey are based in Kidlington.

Rich

How old is your car? Still under warranty?

My first try would be to go back to Audi and complain about the cheap finish of your wheels!

I got my car in Dec last year, so i've not had it long. Its a 2002 reg with still a years warranty left on it.

I gave the local dealer a call this morning they said bring it in so they could have a look.....and they mentioned i might have to pay for it.....i'll try the cheap finish and it shouldn't have just flaked off comments!

If not it looks like i'll have to pay 65 quid an alloy with wikidwheels, unless there is anyone cheaper that does a good a job?