1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloys on finance

sebbie Jul 17, 2014

1. sebbie

sebbie Member

Has anybody done this?..

Seen a few websites that offer it, plus fitted tyres and I'm down to about 3mm so could do with new ones anyway. Figured I could sell my standards and use that as the deposit.

Any advice??

2. tet

tet Member

Rim style do finance, but before you buy off them, ensure they have the wheels in stock. They took my money for some wheels once, and they were not going to be in stock for 6 months i later found out.

I also have a friend who ordered wheels from them and they took around 7 weeks to come in to stock.

Dan

3. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

So avoid Rim Style then? Halfords do finance on alloys.... not sure if they do tyres though? Several companies out there do alloys and tyres - to be honest pick up a Max Power (other magazines are available) and go to the back pages and read the ads / deals there.... Just don't get confused and dial a sex line instead lol

4. sebbie

sebbie Member

Or try and purchase a co*k ring.. oops.

Thanks mate, I'll do that.

5. tet

tet Member

They are OK Rim Style, just double check that's all i would say before you pay your hard earned money, and then have to wait for a refund.

6. Tom5190

Tom5190 Active Member

Don't pick up a max power mag as the add will be a fair few years out of date!

7. S3_Mat

S3_Mat Active Member

Cheapest way to do this: Find the right wheels in stock. get a 12 month 0% credit card or longer. Buy said alloys. Cut up card. Pay off monthly up to the end of the 0% time frame.

PeterPatch1, wuta3, WOLF and 3 others like this.
  8. WOLF

WOLF I am WOLF.......

more sensible than buying alloys with a high APR and owing more than alloys are worth!

wuta3 likes this.
  9. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

This, this is the correct answer. An even correcter answer is to avoid debt like norovirus

S3_Mat likes this.