Alloys on a MY10 S3 Black Edition

thebluefox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right I've just spent quite a while searching through pics threads etc but can't find what I'm after. Basically I'm looking at getting an Ibis White Black Edition S3, and theres an 10 plate one about to come up for sale - currently though theres no photos of it.

The alloys it has are apparently are in the photo attached. I have elsewhere seen these in a darker Anthracite colour though, rather than the polished steel. Which were standard (if either) on the S3's?

Also. the dealer says they're fitting an RNS-e satnav. I'm going to make sure its a mk2 (with Media button), but I also want decent iPod support but I've been told they'll only be an AUX socket. Surely if they're fitting one I can get one that comes with the proper AMI, right?

They've also quoted another £300 to fit Bluetooth too - about right?

I think thats everything

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 281
hi , yes these rs4 style wheels in the dark anthracite colour was standard for black edition of that year .

as for the other questions i have no idea .

They're not S3 alloys are they? I thought they were S-Line?

As far as I was aware these are the non BE S3 alloys:

Image0102.jpg

Where as the BE got the rotor's??

MY10 BEs got a flatter version of those RS4s, MY11s have Rotors, and non-BEs had the ones Yes3 posted.

Is it these ones?

94b6c7e9.jpg

Cheers S3kel for the photo!

Any ideas on the iPod stuff?

Thanks all :)

They are standard then - good to know. I've hardly seen them on any other S3s.

Fingers crossed on the rest and hopefully I'm good to go.

With the Media version of the RNSE, they should be able to fit the correct AMI connection for your i-pod, not just leave you with an AUX socket.

The price for the Bluetooth ( as long as it is OE Audi ) is about right too.

if you're worried about the alloys ive a set of 5 s3 alloys in sepang bronze for sale just like the pic in my avatar

as for the nav as long as its the media button its fine, just need an ami unit and a lead then a recode and its retro'd

300 sounds not too bad for retroing bluetooth as long as its not parrot

Can't comment on most of this, but £300 for an OEM Bluetooth fit is pretty decent - I had it retro fitted to mine for similar money 5 years ago. Quite an involved job as the bluetooth module lives under the driver's seat!

if you're worried about the alloys ive a set of 5 s3 alloys in sepang bronze for sale just like the pic in my avatar

as for the nav as long as its the media button its fine, just need an ami unit and a lead then a recode and its retro'd

300 sounds not too bad for retroing bluetooth as long as its not parrot

Cheers for the reply Phil - its actually those alloys I'd rather not have if possible :$ I just prefer either the 5 spoke rotors, or these 7 spoke ones instead. I'm going to make sure that its the official Audi bluetooth module, and not some aftermarket one.

Can't comment on most of this, but £300 for an OEM Bluetooth fit is pretty decent - I had it retro fitted to mine for similar money 5 years ago. Quite an involved job as the bluetooth module lives under the driver's seat!

Thats good to know, thanks essIII. Waiting to hear back from the dealer now!

Well, they just called. Bluetooth is official Audi one, but she wasn't sure if the AMI could be fitted, even though its (apparently) definitely the latest RNS-e unit. Originally, she said it wasn't possible until I questioned it and she said she needed to check with someone later on today.

Again, the wait starts.