1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloys/Lowering Question Plz help!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A3_Turbo, Sep 4, 2006.

1. A3_Turbo

A3_Turbo Swaying towards IHI....

Hi there im just about to order a set of alloys from rochford tyres i dont want RS4 reps want something different how does chrome spoked on my Silver A3 sound to you guys?

My next question is 17 or 18 inch will either fit with no probs?

And finally once the 17 or 18's are fitted how much would it need to be lowered by thanks for your help in advance

Jason

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Member

They 'sound' brilliant; they might look aweful - pics?

There is another thread discussing this exact same thing a few posts down...

4. A3_Turbo

A3_Turbo Swaying towards IHI....

5. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

Those are nice wheels but Im not sure how they will look on an A3.. they remind me of the Hartge or Alpina wheels for beemers..not a fan of chrome wheels either.. if i were you I would go for 18s as they look better than 17s but ride/performance can be effected. I think about 50mm would be the max for lowering

6. phill1.8T

phill1.8T New Member

Not a huge fan of those wheels, they are not symetrical enough for me, I like ones with straight square spokes like bbs. I find they fit into the look of the car easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what I mean?

As for lowering, my audi is lowered 50mm on 17" wheels, and it just isnt enough, the car looks good but still has an arch gap, im gonna get some 18"s when ive got the money.