1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloys, light ones??

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Vorshprungdork, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Active Member

My car has 18" RS6s as standard and they are quite heavy, is it possible to do light wheels on a budget or is it buy something like BBS or forget it?
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Light weight wheels in general are more expensive, depends on the brand. Rota's are light weight'ish and affordable. Really depends on budget and what you are after? BBS rims just seems the natural choice for German metal. Buying used maybe your best option I reckon, and stick your RS6 back on when you sell the car.
  3. Vorshprungdork

Cheers, that's good info, I like Rotas but wasn't sure what they weigh. Also like BBS but certainly not the price new. Anyone got any actual weight tables for wheels, does such a thing exist?
  4. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

I had Rota's on my Scooby, VERY light and well made wheels.
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Site Sponsor

BBS wheels are not as expensive as you think IF you know the right person :o.k:
    ScottishS3 likes this.
  6. Vorshprungdork

First I am not really ready yet, cheers for the offer anyway, just exploring options and second I think most reps are too dear lol so I doubt the real thing could be any cheaper. |My thought currently are my best option would be a good second hand set but to be honest I don't know what I would go for, I like CHs for example but don't know if I could live with them longer term, may be better with LMs, price shoots up again and that's why I am tempted by the Rotas, for now. Anyone any figures for weights?
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  7. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Site Sponsor

Would need to know exact spec of wheel as in size, ET etc etc as will be different.
  8. Vorshprungdork

The RS6s are 7.5Jx18, ET54, don't want to go bigger than 18" but don't mind messing with the ET a bit to create a wider stance, from memory I think 45 is pretty safe and I think a lot of the reps are around this figure