[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RX II's

drool:

10220091-1afc-02000180-.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks familiar!

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see this pic, I see an S3 that can go round corners!

Looking at the pic Glen, your front end looks lower than mine, or maybe the spacers you was running pushes the tyres nearer the arches which makes it look lower?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great thread! I'm wondering what wheels to get for mine at the mo.

The info about design/strength/weight has helped alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones are you thinking of at the moment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really haven't decided at the mo. Gonna go for a set with black centres tho which cuts my options down alot.

Also not sure whether to go 17" or 18" just yet.

I like some of the more classic Brock type wheels, but also diagonal spokes like the BBS LMs, but they only seem to look right on the bigger wheels.
Gotta be euro style for me whatever I choose.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great thread! I'm wondering what wheels to get for mine at the mo.

The info about design/strength/weight has helped alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones are you thinking of at the moment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really haven't decided at the mo. Gonna go for a set with black centres tho which cuts my options down alot.

Also not sure whether to go 17" or 18" just yet.

I like some of the more classic Brock type wheels, but also diagonal spokes like the BBS LMs, but they only seem to look right on the bigger wheels.
Gotta be euro style for me whatever I choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you I was looking at getting some Anthra or black centered wheels LOL

Also I've been looking at the Brock B1's

Don't say they were the Brocks you were looking at as well?

[ QUOTE ]

Yes I was going to get some MTM's as my heart was set on them, but when I found out the price.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do MTM give the weights for those?
I can't believe thay are that heavy...

[ QUOTE ]

I would go for the RC's if I was you though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Quality light wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

RCs are light! Very light...and very strong.
BBS do a suitable 8.0 x 18 version of the RC to suit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, You'll have to post some pics!

I'm imagining a garage like that advert on the tele a while back where the guy shows his mates through the house double quick so he can show them his spotless garage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not quite at that stage yet...

We've only been in about 2 months, and I've not had chance to get all the additional sockets and lights up yet...but i'm getting there.

Luckily the floor is painted...but not the walls...I'm doing that.

[ QUOTE ]

The next place I buy will have to have a bigger garage than the one I've got at the mo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the same...
My last one was a sort of 1 1/2 long and 1 1/2 wide...this is a decent sized double with two electric doors.

[ QUOTE ]

So do you have your own trye changing equipment? Thats one think I intend to buy myself when I get the space. Seen some bargains on ebay in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...no room.We keep all my tools, two VR6 engines, two gearboxes, a chest freezer and all the stuff above in there, in addition to 2 cars (normally the C4S and her A2...but I'd perfer to keep my GTI in there too!

If I ever get permission to build an extension workshop out the back, I'd like a tyre fitting machine...but for all I'd use it, it's as easy to pop to the local boy and have him do it.

10220091-1afc-02000180-.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

When I see this pic, I see an S3 that can go round corners!

[/ QUOTE ]

But not as well as it did when it had the grey centred wheels on...all the suspension work was completed by then, so it cornered a lot better!

[ QUOTE ]

Looking at the pic Glen, your front end looks lower than mine, or maybe the spacers you was running pushes the tyres nearer the arches which makes it look lower?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure...I was running a lot of negative camber at the front, which negates the look of the spacers...

It was low though...lower than some others I saw with the same springs...don't know why.

[ QUOTE ]
Damn you I was looking at getting some Anthra or black centered wheels LOL

Also I've been looking at the Brock B1's

Don't say they were the Brocks you were looking at as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've already got anthracite wheels on mine at the mo and I really like the colour on a yellow car so wanted to stick with that.

I had a set of B2's on an old car and they just looked right so thought about another set. But I'm not sure they'd look right with black centres, thus thinking about the LM look.

I need to fire up the photoshop to see what works well.

Ess_three, garage sounds nice.

When its all done post some pics!

I see your point about the tyre machine, but hey, how cool would it be to have one!

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_three, garage sounds nice.

When its all done post some pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do...it'll be on my next 6 week break that I get the wiring and lighting done...
And as soon as the better weather comes I'll get a big shed up, and get the freezer out there, freeing up some more space.

[ QUOTE ]

I see your point about the tyre machine, but hey, how cool would it be to have one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true...very cool...but you'd need to computerised balancer to go with it, wouldn't you?

I have a decent compressor and wheel alignment kit higher up my list of things to get...

come to think of it...I need to finish the VR6 before any more kit if bought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thus thinking about the LM look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice I want the LM's, but I couldn't justify the extra expense at the time.

Altough I am happy with mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You must have some money to spend though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glen how many sets of wheels have you got?

Sounds interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Would love to see some pics of your garage.

[ QUOTE ]
Glen how many sets of wheels have you got?

Sounds interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh...too many...

3 sets of proper 7" x 16" BBS RXII Anniversary wheels...

Lots of white powder coated early Mk3 GTI wheels - for trackday use...although now my brakes are too big to use them. doh!

A spare A2 wheel / tyre

The list goes on...

[ QUOTE ]

Would love to see some pics of your garage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a few pics of the old garage...before I got it organised properly...

Wheels:
14273683-1f67-02000180-.jpg

Tools:
35192432-5163-02000180-.jpg

Mountain bike:
14273684-fadf-02000180-.jpg

More wheels:
19826533-c81f-02000180-.jpg

Oh my I thought I was bad with 2 sets of BBS, a set of S3 and a set of A3 wheels.

I wish I had that many sets of wheels and tools at my disposal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my I thought I was bad with 2 sets of BBS, a set of S3 and a set of A3 wheels.

I wish I had that many sets of wheels and tools at my disposal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thinned out a lot of wheels when I sold the S3...

It had the BBS RSIIs on it...a spare set of BBS RSIIs and the original S3 wheels too.

From the research i've done the sportec's are manufactured by a company called technomagnisio(what a name) which is a part of the mim group these are very similar to a wheel called the detroit or the detroit f1 that can be purchased fairly cheaply.The sportec/detroits are not a light wheel and weigh in at 10kg+ also they only come in 8.5 x 18" which is too wide and offset of 35/45.
The MTM are also not that light from my understanding and they are also 8.5" wide and 19" minimum and there made by rimstock who make team dynamics alloys.Right bbs rc seem like the ones and thanks for the link i have followed it up by not heard back yet.The only decent replica i've seen are called the ace 132
url]

what do you guys think?Know anymore?

Oh and i have a choice of
225/40/18 toyo t1-s or yoko parada spec 2's which ones??

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and i have a choice of
225/40/18 toyo t1-s or yoko parada spec 2's which ones??

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine uses the Parada spec 2's on his CTR, and swears by them, but he only gets 6K miles out of each pair(fronts), they are better in the dry than wet. I've had the Toyo's in the past, lasted 12K miles and changed them before they hit the wear indicators, as they started to fade - great all round tyre in pretty much most conditions except ice and snow of course, but I've never tried the F1's as a comparison.

I've bought the rc's.Crap tyres but never mind!!

[ QUOTE ]
I've bought the rc's.Crap tyres but never mind!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What from the link I posted?

Or from somewhere else?

[ QUOTE ]

Nice I want the LM's, but I couldn't justify the extra expense at the time.

You must have some money to spend though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Naa, can't justify the amount either. I wanna go for something with a similar look.

I've checked out some Ace alloys too. Wondered about the quality also.

What you posted,thanks mate.Will have them fitted for the 29th.

[ QUOTE ]
What you posted,thanks mate.Will have them fitted for the 29th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I could help.

Also I thought they were a good price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich has got some and he says there not bad.At least you know with bbs there quality and always likely to be worth something.Seen 2nd handers going for £700 with knackered tyres.

Can anyone photoshop some on a yellow s3,i'll post pics as soon as there fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
Rich has got some and he says there not bad.At least you know with bbs there quality and always likely to be worth something.Seen 2nd handers going for £700 with knackered tyres.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, no problems with mine yet... Will see how they are after a bit more winter driving.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone photoshop some on a yellow s3,i'll post pics as soon as there fitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish is my command:

bbsrc011.jpg

Just a quick 'shop, although it's turned out well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wow ,they look better than i thought,thanks Mark.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wish is my command:

bbsrc011.jpg

Just a quick 'shop, although it's turned out well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that looks amazing!!

Great photoshop as well!!

Just need to get some chrome mirrors to complete the look.
Again,great photoshop skills!!

great thread, with lots of fab pics. some great wheels!

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

So Ess_Three, this was the old beast? I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen a pic of her!!! Very nice indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So did you add or remove the chrome mirrors...I'm guessing removed?

Also you have wayyyyy to many wheels man! lol.

Some good p'shoppin' there mark, and another good look at your own wheels again. You really have transformed that car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

[ QUOTE ]

33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

So Ess_Three, this was the old beast? I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen a pic of her!!! Very nice indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So did you add or remove the chrome mirrors...I'm guessing removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the beast...

But they weren't the polished mirrors...I wouldn't have those vulgar monstrosities on my car! Never mind the plastic 'replicas'!!

Those were the far less bling, and much higher class, RS6 brushed alloy mirrors....

Which matched the dull silver and grey of the de-blinged alloy wheels perfectly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I was going to get some chrome mirrors...now i feel dirty!!monstrosities indeed!!

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to get some chrome mirrors...now i feel dirty!!monstrosities indeed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...and if that's a 'quick' photoshop...you have real talent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Glen.

Yeah only a two minute 'shop, could have done with turning the calipers the other way on the rear wheels, but hey it's still turned out well.

[ QUOTE ]
Great photoshop as well!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Some good p'shoppin' there mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers guys I am quite good in the old photoshop now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and another good look at your own wheels again. You really have transformed that car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude it is getting there now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

....hmmm I can't decide if I want to get some brushed ally ones or not. I don't want to attract thieves/vandals...but then I see S3's from a distance and think they look cool! (I don't like sjiny chrome stuff either - usually looks cheap) :S lol

but yes Glen - very nice indeed. Do you mind if I asked what mods you did? Obviously I imagine this entails a major list of suspension setup and stuff, but you could summarise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I was never a fan of multispoke wheels - though there are some beauties on this thread! all good.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif