1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloys - A6 Avant 1999 oh no/yes ahhhhh!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Audime, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Audime

Audime New Member

Hi all,

Well, I did have my car up for sale but then decided against it! :arco:

I wanted to get a set of new rims for it as a gift from me in way of apologie for trying to sell it in the first place. It's an A6 Avant :friends:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

225/45/17 ET35

I am having second thoughts on these wheels but mainly because I havn't seen them on my car yet! I am sure they will compliment the car nicely but need more opinions, pleaseeeeeeeeee.

What do you guys think? Have I made a serious error in judgement (wouldnt be the first time)? :scared2:

Thanks,
    Chris.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. Fraser

Fraser Member

i would go for 18's - no difference in ride quality or tyre price between 17 and 18's

the problem is that you will need to lower to get 'the look'

the OZ look good, i would be tempted to keep oem with B5 RS4 or C5 RS6
  3. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

I think those wheels are nice and a good option instead of the A8/S8 style reps.

I'd seriously advise against getting cheap replica wheels as the strength of them is piss poor!

I buckled 2 18's in 6 months on potholes with standard suspension, yet my £2k 20" rims with less tyre lowered harder suspension havent buckled in 2 years of the same driving and i've hit a few back breakers!

And i would reccommend 18's over 17's as they do look smaller, but you may want to upgrade to the 2001+ suspension springs, they are 15mm lower and better handling whilst remaining comfortable.