1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlloyGator

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by frazzeld, Apr 15, 2013.

1. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    So I was thinking about getting some Alloy Rim Protectors, had a search around....also saw a few posts on here for AlloyGator

Anyway I asked if they could send me a couple of offcuts so that I could put them against the wheel to see which colour I preferred, only asked for Black and Silver....they arrived on Saturday "Not decided on the colour yet!" I then thought I'd ask if they would be interested in offering a discount to an Audi forum for guy's who have just got a New Audi and want to protect there Alloys

Just had a reply

Alloy Wheel Repairs, Protection, Refurbishment, Cleaning & Polishing

Anyone else interested
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Yes very interested, do they fit well? I think black would be best. How much are we looking?
  4. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
  5. nbray67

nbray67 Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Ask any decent tyre fitter and they'll laugh these outa the park. I researched for ages last year looking for some alloy protection. This product always cropped up so I asked at least 6 independent tyre fitters about these, all said they were a waste of money. E Tyres used to have these on their vans promoting them but had so many complaints / returns they ditched them completey. Major concerns were, they will come loose / fly off if corners are taken at speed, hitting pot holes, tyres are under inlflated. If they do come off at speed, just imagine where they'll end up / what damage they may do if they whack into your car.
    I'm only going on what I was told by professionals but if you want to try them, ask about money back guarantees.
  6. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Just had a little read about one coming off....dont fancy one whacking the side if the car! might just have to carry on being very carefull
  7. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Hmmm sounds a little dodgy. I'll have to make sure the wife doesn't drive it!
  8. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014