1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AlloyGator

frazzeld Apr 15, 2013

1. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

So I was thinking about getting some Alloy Rim Protectors, had a search around....also saw a few posts on here for AlloyGator

Anyway I asked if they could send me a couple of offcuts so that I could put them against the wheel to see which colour I preferred, only asked for Black and Silver....they arrived on Saturday "Not decided on the colour yet!" I then thought I'd ask if they would be interested in offering a discount to an Audi forum for guy's who have just got a New Audi and want to protect there Alloys

Just had a reply

Alloy Wheel Repairs, Protection, Refurbishment, Cleaning & Polishing

Anyone else interested

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

Yes very interested, do they fit well? I think black would be best. How much are we looking?

3. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

4. nbray67

nbray67 Active Member

Ask any decent tyre fitter and they'll laugh these outa the park. I researched for ages last year looking for some alloy protection. This product always cropped up so I asked at least 6 independent tyre fitters about these, all said they were a waste of money. E Tyres used to have these on their vans promoting them but had so many complaints / returns they ditched them completey. Major concerns were, they will come loose / fly off if corners are taken at speed, hitting pot holes, tyres are under inlflated. If they do come off at speed, just imagine where they'll end up / what damage they may do if they whack into your car.
    I'm only going on what I was told by professionals but if you want to try them, ask about money back guarantees.

5. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

Just had a little read about one coming off....dont fancy one whacking the side if the car! might just have to carry on being very carefull

6. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

Hmmm sounds a little dodgy. I'll have to make sure the wife doesn't drive it!

7. frazzeld

frazzeld Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014