Alloy Wheels - Opinions wanted

Nath1790

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm starting to build a fast road/track A3 1.8T and somewhere down the line I'd like to get some new wheels. The car is currently on 16" T-Sport wheels and they've seen much better days. The spare is the best condition most likely on the original tyre too!

Basically I've gone through 10pgs of the pics thread last night and it seems most go for S3/S4/TT alloys but I I've heard these are weighed in tonnes as opposed to kgs. I've not come across any A3's with Team Dynamics 1.2's or Pro Race 3's? I quite like the Pro Race 3's which only come in 17x7 by the looks of it but I can't visualize these things and have no idea if they'd suit. The other options are possibly a type of Rota.

Obviously my concern is weight, I know I'm unlikely to reduce the weight at each corner by going up 17" wheels as opposed to my 16"'s but they should be very similar whereas I believe the usual Audi alloys weigh a few kg more each.

Basically I imagine 16" alloys would look silly, 17 are fine if lightweight but 18 is pushing it plus tyres cost even more.

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome but because I'm at work I can't see pictures 99% of the time :(

Cheers everybody :happy:

017.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

Look good to me ;)

these photo's are posted up on this forum somewhere

Weight about 7kg iirc - bet that's lighter than your 16" wheels

Literally had to go on my phone to see the pics lol. They look good! 1.2's by the looks of them but are they 17 or 18"?

I've found some wheel weight excel sheet but I think it's out of date. It doesn't list Pro Race 3 but it says 17x7.5 TD 1.2 is 9kg each, apparently the same as my 16's.

7kg would be awesome though! Why is it so hard to find wheel weights!? :uhm:

Cheers for the pics, all helps :)

Got Pro race 3 on my VRS 7X17 ET38 9.3KG same weight as standard Spiders, TD claim about 8.2KG.
Pro race1.2's are lighter from memory 8X18 ET35 9.1KG so 17's should be even lighter

Wheel Range

Wheel Range