Alloy Wheels Help

wrighthere

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Audi A5 Sportback 2013 and I am looking at upgrading my alloys from 18" to 19" or 20" and just looking for some advice!

I want to get some 5 spoke "Rotor" style as my car is silver and think these would look really nice.

I have been looking about and i think that Audi only ever offered up to 19", is this correct? Also what tyres would you expect to have on 19"? Do I need new bolts?

Just looking for some help and advice.

Cheers

Audi offer 19" Rotors (see mine on the S5) and 20" rotors, which are from an RS5. The RS5 20" rotors can come in hyper silver, or the standard matt grey with the diamond cut edge (like mine in the pic).

As for tyres, 19" will be 255/35 and the 20" can either be 265/30 or 275/30. Think the rotors specifically have 275/30.

No need for any extra bolts or spacers or anything if they are genuine Audi wheels. Just take old ones off, put new ones on :)

Cheers mate, nice one. The Rotor's look really good. I am guessing that the S5 suspension is a bit lower than my Technik version, so wondering if the 20" would close the gap more?

Cheers mate, nice one. The Rotor's look really good. I am guessing that the S5 suspension is a bit lower than my Technik version, so wondering if the 20" would close the gap more?

Yea think your version will probably have the Sports suspension, whereas the S5 has the same as the S-line suspension, which I think is 10mm lower.

Unfortunately larger alloys have a habit of making the wheel arch gap look bigger, not smaller. As you go up an inch in alloy size, you go down 5% in tyre profile (245/40/18, 255/35/19, 265/30/20). This makes sure the overall diameter of the wheel is the same, regardless of alloy size. I'm not sure if the 20" wheel will actually increase the wheel arch gap, but maybe the lower profile tyre and larger alloy makes them look bigger?

For me, 20" genuine Rotors from a RS5 have perfect offset and look great, then some lowering springs (something like H&R OE springs) would be spot on. Coilovers are obviously even better, but pricey!

Mine's an S-Line and I changed from 18's to 19's, not rotors but should give you an idea.

The tyres are 255/40/19's (came with the wheels) as yet to change to 35 profile.

In my opinion they suit the car better and look more in keeping.

Before

After

Good luck with the search.

Yeah, those 5 double-spoke straights echo the very sexy (IMHO) S5 5-double-spokes I have.

Reactions: Swanny356