1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy Wheel...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_vando, Nov 22, 2005.

1. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Nov 22, 2005]
    I've got 18" Turbo Cups on my A3 T Sport and thanks to the care that my local council take of the roads I had an incident with a massive pot hole the other night which has resulted in one of my alloys being completely fecked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
    So my problem is I need to buy just one wheel and I don't know where to look cos they came with the car when I bought it! If any one knows of a place that does them I'd be eternally grateful as my car is almost undriveable because of the vibration from the dent in the wheel. I am going to attempt to make the local government pay up I just need a rough cost before I start trying to get the money out of them. That and I want to get back to driving my car properly!!

Cheers for any help!

Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[Nov 22, 2005]
    Can't help with the wheel, but I know someone who knackered a wheel on their 7 series beemer some years ago on a bit of kerbing which had fallen away from a roundabout and was lying in the road, and the council paid up no problem. So good luck!
  4. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 22, 2005]
    I had the same thing happen to me. Took pics of the pot hole with a ruler showing the depth and they paid out for a new wheel without much fuss.

The turbo cups maybe Mille miglia which are hard to come by...

Good luck
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 23, 2005]
    Dicky is right! If you have the Mille Miglia Cup 3's, then your pretty much shafted, as they are currently no longer in production, Mille Miglia won't make any unless someone orders enough of them!! eg. 10 sets+
  6. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Nov 23, 2005]
    They look like the ones in your pic jojo, are they Mille Miglia Cup 3's? I really can't afford a totally different set of alloys but I also can't really keep driving my car as it is!
  7. jojo

[Nov 23, 2005]
    Yes I have 19" versions, and I have a spare alloy just in case, no good to you though, it's the wrong size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  8. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Take a pic of the hole ASAP cause you may find it has been filled up rather quickly when you let them know about it....
  9. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Nov 25, 2005]
    I have a pic of the hole and the council are sending me a claim form for the damaged wheel so i'll see where it gets me.
    Been looking for the wheels and I noticed that on performancealloys.com they sell the mille miglias and another wheel which looks very similar, is there a way I can tell if mine are mille miglia wheels? I haven't looked yet so if its something really obvious then I apologise now!

Cheers!
  10. jojo

[Nov 25, 2005]
    Mille Miglia alloys usually have 1000Miglia centercaps, unless you replaced them, they come in black or red lettering.
  11. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

[Nov 25, 2005]
    Unfortunately, they were already on the car and the centre caps have been replaced with audi ones! Seems I'm doomed! No other distinguishing features?