1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy wheel refurbishment near Trowbridge - recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by BoutTime, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BoutTime

BoutTime Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    Want to get my 18" BBS CHs refurbished and looking like new. Ideally without sending them away. Can anyone recommend a decent firm local to Trowbridge in Wiltshire? Has anyone used Kerbrefurb?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. soulsurfer

soulsurfer Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    Hi, I don't know of anyone local to you, but I am in the SMART repair game with Paintless Dent Removal and see a lot of the other stuff that goes on. I would avoid mobile wheel refurb as this is really just a quick fix to help dealers sell cars IMO. We have a company in Kent that does a fantastic job and they are the only people I'd recommend, they're called Lepsons in Gillingham Kent, I know they go up and down the country so may be worth a call as they may collect or arrange to collect ;-)

If you do use the mobile service then I guess the best would be Wicked Wheels, at least they refurb in a controlled environment.

I hope his helps
  4. John@mk

John@mk Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    I had a mobile wheel refurb company and all they did was sand and fill the curb marks which if I had a spray gun I could have done it myself,better off sending them away if you can as you will obtain a much better result.
    but saying that a man in a van would only be the quick fix and of course the cost v time is something to consider.
  5. BoutTime

BoutTime Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    Cheers. I'd rather have them done properly but until I get a spare set for winter tyres I can't send them away. I've just been told by the previous owner that he had two wheels refurbished previously by a mobile company, which explains why two of the wheels look newer. Two of the wheels look pretty good to be honest. But maybe I'll just have to wait. There are a couple of companies, one in Woburn Sands and one in Swindon that go the extra mile and the wheels come back looking like new. But I'm sure it's about £90 per wheel or more and it takes about 5 days.
  6. soulsurfer

soulsurfer Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    Depending on wheel size snd the type of finish required, it's more like £50-£60 to have them done properly.
  7. John@mk

John@mk Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    The company in Woburn sands have been there for many year's and from what I have heard they do a very good job but not used them myself....they are not too far from me but could not remember their name.i think they do some type of wheel exchange which will keep you mobile.they not cheap but you should get the best results.
  8. BoutTime

BoutTime Member

[Apr 26, 2013]
    Cheers John. They're called Pristine Wheels. I work in Luton so it might be an option at some point.
  9. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

[Apr 29, 2013]
    By proper job do people mean filling in kerb marks etc. or just a proper sandblast and powdercoat in the oven? I'm looking at getting my wheels done soon but want kerb damage filling in etc. so what kind of figure should I be looking at?
  10. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 29, 2013]
    Have you guys tried N8 for wheel refurb, he does a really nice professional job. :) x

Kowalski Details
    N8 likes this.
  11. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 29, 2013]
    Yeap I would give N8 a shout, his wheel work comes out better than factory :)
    N8 likes this.
  12. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Apr 29, 2013]
    PM'd
  13. BoutTime

BoutTime Member

[May 11, 2013]
    Sorry I didn't get round to responding. I'm still getting used to having no lip on my tyres to protect the wheels. My BMWs had plenty. So I seem to be curbing these wheels every few days at the moment. Once I've learned how to drive properly I'll look into it again, but at the moment it'd be a waste of money. One wheel is worse than the others so I might go for an interim smart repair.
    Thanks mate.