1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy Wheel Protector

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by mpc, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mpc

mpc Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Hi,
    Can someone recommend a good product for protecting my alloy wheels from brake dust once cleaned that makes cleaning easier the next time round.
    I have tried various off the shelf sprays but what is the wax products available?
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. czm

czm Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Yeah I would also like ot know a good product for this.

I am assuming a good sealenat would be best.
  3. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    I use Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine which works well. I've also used Gtechniq C2V3 spray sealant which was quick and easy.
  4. coreythorny

coreythorny Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    This stuff is the Daddy of wheel sealants Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour - Clean Your Car

It should last 8-12 months.
    Also don't forget to use a non acidic Wheel cleaner or warm soapy water to prevent stripping the sealant off
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance in Scotland Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Yeah that is the top-of-the-range stuff but not for Joe Bloggs that likes to do a quick detail and thats it. If your prepared to learn how to use it then great stuff it is.........get it wrong and you waste it as its like a glass coating for your wheels and since doing glass coatings its a massive learning curve.

Personally I would go for a wheel sealant such as Bilberry wheel wax or Poorboys Wheel Sealant ........easy to put on and simple to buff off.