1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy Wheel Protector

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by mpc, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mpc

mpc Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Hi,
    Can someone recommend a good product for protecting my alloy wheels from brake dust once cleaned that makes cleaning easier the next time round.
    I have tried various off the shelf sprays but what is the wax products available?
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. czm

czm Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Yeah I would also like ot know a good product for this.

I am assuming a good sealenat would be best.
  4. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    I use Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine which works well. I've also used Gtechniq C2V3 spray sealant which was quick and easy.
  5. coreythorny

coreythorny Member

[Jul 8, 2013]
    This stuff is the Daddy of wheel sealants Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour - Clean Your Car

It should last 8-12 months.
    Also don't forget to use a non acidic Wheel cleaner or warm soapy water to prevent stripping the sealant off
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 8, 2013]
    Yeah that is the top-of-the-range stuff but not for Joe Bloggs that likes to do a quick detail and thats it. If your prepared to learn how to use it then great stuff it is.........get it wrong and you waste it as its like a glass coating for your wheels and since doing glass coatings its a massive learning curve.

Personally I would go for a wheel sealant such as Bilberry wheel wax or Poorboys Wheel Sealant ........easy to put on and simple to buff off.