Alloy wheel cleaner - which is the best?

G

Goner

As per title, which is the best alloy wheel cleaner?

Want to remove ALL the break dust and dirt etc.

Wheels have been powder coated so i assume they will be fairly resistant to stronger cleaners/abrasive cleaners.

Thanks

Is wonder wheels any good? That seems to be all over eBay?

Thanks for the links, out of the two i'd get the bilberry one.

:icon_thumright:

Wonder Wheels will eat into the paint if you leave it on too long - which can even be a couple of minutes!

Wonder Wheels will eat into the paint if you leave it on too long - which can even be a couple of minutes!

Even though it's powder coated?

So basically are we saying that acidic wheel cleaner is snoop doggy dogg poo yeah?

Stick with the Bilberry, diluted mine 5:1 I think and it makes light work of break dust with my soft Vikan brush

The bottle says you can use it neat and simply jet off once its soaked in a bit but not tested this myself

As Dubbers said - try the Bilberry.

From personal experience with wonder wheels - you can only really use this if you brush it on the wheel neat then leave for 1 minutes then hose it all off, if you leave it any longer the clear coat on your wheels will haze up, as Jen has said this is Acidic stuff - eats brake dust - but will also eats your paint if left on too long!

wonder wheels is great!
used in a sensible fashion it is awesome!
i have used it for years and will continue to unless i have polished or etched alloys!
just use caution, use the brush provided, agitate well, then hose off after a minute then wash with soapy water!
excellent results and pretty cheap and you can buy it from tesco in your weekly shop for £6! :icon_thumright:

(oh and wear gloves! as it stings if it gets into cuts!)

IronX is the boy and bilberry for 2nd choice