Alloy wheel cleaner/ product's

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I just would like to ask what product's to use on( new) multi spoke alloy wheel's.

If they are new wheels, warm soapy water.

If you use and "Special wheel cleaners" apart from a very select few, you will dull the finish. Is this a new car with new wheels, or freshly refurb'd etc?

No the wheel's are new lm's (rep) with clear powder coat lip, as you know these are a ****** to clean. I'v alway's washed the wheel's with the same product's i wash the car wih.
Meg's gold class and poorboy's

Megs Gold Class shampoo is great stuff, personal preference of mine. Best bet is to lightly polish and seal the wheels as soon as you get them. If they are already fitted, take them off and make sure you get behind them. Then it is literally a case of using hot soapy water, a selection of brushes (like the envy brushes on eBay) and a decent wash mitt.

Oh and polish with something like Super Resin Polish (Auto Glym) and seal with Poorboys Wheel seal.

I found valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner good stuff if they're a bit messy, you dilute it down so you only use a little of it if the wheels are in good condition. Lasts ages. Then get some protection on there asap! Good call above JD09. If the gaps are big enough then just use a sponge or old wash mitt to clean behind the spokes, saves you having to take the 4 wheels off, But make sure you protect behind the spokes and to the back of the rims as well. There are some good brushes out there to get to the back of the rim's without removing them to clean them. E.g. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/vikan-wheel-brush/prod_389.html This is the one I use. Valet pro link http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheel...bilberry-wheel-cleaner-1-litre-/prod_499.html you'll need a spraying bottle with this. Poorboys wheel sealant link http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/poorboys-wheel-sealant/prod_9.html I'm sure polishedbliss and other detailing products do these, I use cleanyourcar and find them good.

ha ha, I can't move very well, this is all I have to keep me sane! Sorry mate, my shoulder will heal eventually.

As already mentioned above - if the wheels are new or in good condition then normal shampoo will be fine. Concentrate on getting a few coats of wheel sealant on and you should never really need any strong cleaners. You may need a tar remover every couple of months if they pick up tar spots but that's it. Something safe but with good cleaning ability like Gloss-It wheel gel is a good product if you find your wheels need a good deep clean every now and again in between the normal shampoo routine :icon_thumright:

Try espauma revolution or bilberry is good stuff as well, as Jim says once the wheels have been cleaned and sealed you'll find you only need a wash solution to keep on thop of them.

Gav

After doing all of the above (which is absolutely worth doing), if you find brake dust building up a bit and normal shampoo is struggling to get rid of it, try a pH balanced cleaner such as R222 Wheel Cleaner (Regular) or Blackfire Gel Wheel & Tyre Cleaner. Both are 100% safe on all wheel types, and offer much more cleaning power than shampoo alone without resorting to strong chemicals to achieve this. :sm4: