Alloy Refurb West Midlands?

Ad73am

Reaction score
Hi all
Im looking to get my 19" 7 twin spoke Le Mans wheels refurbed after kerbing every one, can anyone suggest where I could try and also should I keep them silver or go black? Car is white A6 C6

Don't know about the color but I can strongly recommend the prestige wheel centre

Diamond cutting, Alloy wheel refurbishment, & Custom forged alloy wheels, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull

Took my 17 inch winter wheels there that I bought cheap off Flea bay, they were looking a bit sorry for themselves and had a few kerb marks on, came back looking like new. Very impressed, If you have a word you may get the wheel refurb price without paying the VAT if it's cash.

Karl.
Thanks Karl I'll take a look!

There are a few places, there is City Powder Coating in Brum city centre and also Midland Car Care, who im sure a few people have used on the forum.

I used hot wheelz in pensnett they were recommended to me and the work looked spot on. I was more then happy how mine turned out proving hard wearing too so far! They do offer repairs for curbing etc cheaper after the initial refurb too but I haven't had to use that service yet!

I looked at City Powder coating, they are just about the cheapest but the quality is very hit and miss apparently.

CPC are quite hit and miss, I guess if you are not in a rush, then go with them, I have had mine done by them a couple of years ago and I was very impressed with them.

Im looking to get them done again in the next few weeks with them too.

I know Jojo has used them quite a few times and has been very happy with the results from there.

For the money, you cant go wrong with them.

Reactions: Arrkon
CPC are quite hit and miss, I guess if you are not in a rush, then go with them, I have had mine done by them a couple of years ago and I was very impressed with them.

Im looking to get them done again in the next few weeks with them too.

I know Jojo has used them quite a few times and has been very happy with the results from there.

For the money, you cant go wrong with them.

Gad my 18" AMG's done there, no complaints what so ever. :)

Cheers Guys I've got plenty to go at now!

I've just picked my refurbed alloy from citypowedeycoaters actually, and remember this thread, so took a few pic for ya.

A set of customers alloys just refurbed.
8AFF6B28-9B48-4C08-9692-DA6E9099D543_zpsrdhjlwij.jpg

And there's 4 different finishes on display aswell.

Flat silver
8F653547-5302-4743-AAAC-83F8F3A3E23D_zpsjr6zlups.jpg

Gloss black
B16C7933-EA1D-48C6-8275-4B96D4B2CD85_zpstsuypuif.jpg

Shiney silver
BD4F3F2B-693F-4DB3-A733-D18CAFFC68A3_zpspcpdvnlw.jpg

Matt black
C0E14329-0883-49FD-9095-16F64F3E9B31_zpstpajn6gm.jpg

30 quid a wheel with tyre on returned fully refurbed and balance, can't complain really.

Reactions: Nilz
I've just picked my refurbed alloy from citypowedeycoaters actually, and remember this thread, so took a few pic for ya.

Shiney silver
BD4F3F2B-693F-4DB3-A733-D18CAFFC68A3_zpspcpdvnlw.jpg

30 quid a wheel with tyre on returned fully refurbed and balance, can't complain really.

Do these guys take out all the kerb markings for that price? I'm looking for a Hyper Silver finish on my RS4 style 19s which looks as though it might be the shiney silver you've posted above.

Also, what is the turnaround on these?

Thanks, Az.

Azeem, they do mate, they will sand and shot blast them and then powdercoat them.

They normally take between 3 and 5 days as well.

Azeem, they do mate, they will sand and shot blast them and then powdercoat them.

They normally take between 3 and 5 days as well.

Thanks Nilz, my summer wheels are in need of a refurb so might get them done in a month or two.

Do these guys take out all the kerb markings for that price? I'm looking for a Hyper Silver finish on my RS4 style 19s which looks as though it might be the shiney silver you've posted above.

Also, what is the turnaround on these?

Thanks, Az.

Depends on how bad the kerbing is, I think it's fair to say the grind out the scratches as oppose to add metal. In most cases, you can't see the work unless you are up close! I would also give them 7 days also, they are very busy, 3-5 days is optimistic to say the least from my experience.