Alloy Pedals

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
ok got my spoiler sorted (nearly) and before i splash out on wheels...
anyone know how much and whats available for A3 in form of OEM alloy pedals
have seen some alleged R32 ones that look cool
what kinda prices shud i expect to pay ?

TT and R32 are the same IIRC but the set is ~£65 from VW and ~£30 from audi - crazy!

really ?? that price difference is insane
they might as well do the whole **** turpin thing in the dealer
theiving basterds

[ QUOTE ]
TT and R32 are the same IIRC but the set is ~£65 from VW and ~£30 from audi - crazy!

[/ QUOTE ]

the pedals on my mates R32 are different to my TT pedals on my S3. And the R32 ones are more expensive, TT ones work out at just under £30 iirc from vag parts

[ QUOTE ]
Shame no body does a foot rest for the rhd a3 to match the pedals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't?

12904108-d6a2-02000180-.jpg

They are available from a company called 'Dremmel' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, the R32 pedals have the R32 Logo for the rubber buts as oppsed to the slats of the TT ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

R32 pedals (not in a R32!):
14273402-7784-02000180-.jpg

I got both the R32 stuff, and TT stuff from Martyn at VAG Parts.

i have a set off tt ones. so much better than the plastic crap thats on there already

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shame no body does a foot rest for the rhd a3 to match the pedals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't?

12904108-d6a2-02000180-.jpg

They are available from a company called 'Dremmel' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dremmel is a company i can work with.

What car did the part come from before it was butchered? I want one for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Part number would be handy too. Cheers!

[ QUOTE ]

Dremmel is a company i can work with.

What car did the part come from before it was butchered? I want one for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Part number would be handy too. Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bog standard TT part...and it's expensive!
You need to buy the whole footrest assembly.

No part number I'm afraid.

You need to remove the stainless part and the rubber part , cut to suit, and then fasted it to the A3/S3 plastic existing piece.

I finished the edge nearest the peadla off with a line of black silicone sealant to make it look a bit better.

It never fits perfectly...but it's passable.

Shouldn't take too long to do...approx an hour maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the pedals on my mates R32 are different to my TT pedals on my S3. And the R32 ones are more expensive, TT ones work out at just under £30 iirc from vag parts

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, i see!

it can be expensive looking on these forums....... lol
now ive seen something even i could upgrade on my ickle 1.6......
especially like the idea of the foot rest

have gone as far as finding the pedals on vag parts £26.68
just got to decide now if i should continue...... or will they look out
of place on a non S3/tt model
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
it can be expensive looking on these forums....... lol
now ive seen something even i could upgrade on my ickle 1.6......
especially like the idea of the foot rest

have gone as far as finding the pedals on vag parts £26.68
just got to decide now if i should continue...... or will they look out
of place on a non S3/tt model
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do it!, it's not an expensive mod, and you feel like your in a TT when they are there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

that me sold then im doing it!!

in the other post linked earlier it mentioned can get them from audi

where best to get them from vga parts or go to audi parts dept?
and which acell to get lhd or rhd

[ QUOTE ]
Do oettinger make specific ones for the S3 or will we still have to cut the foot rest, and what's the cost? I am going to sort this out when I get my car back. just trying to decide if the foot rest is worth the effort?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try RSD.

http://www.rsdcars-uk.co.uk/

ordered them from audi
should get them next some time next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

finally got them fitted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif my first upgrade

was a difficult one either... apart from

after taking off the accellerator pedal cover had to put it back on as the new cover was
'oversized' but it fitted straight back over the existing once it was back in place

have even gone as far as putting the audi fitted drivers mat back in

there a pic if i can get it in here ....... [image]http://photobucket.com/albums/y196/jpda3/?action=view&current=s2f.jpg[/image]

or maybe not

Like the before and after shots, look very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Nice work jpda3, my accellerator pedal fitted over the metal, definitely needed to remove the original rubber/plastic item first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

i tried both jojo......
worked better leaving the original cover on,
you may just be able to see it on the pic of the old
and new covers, the slot on the new is just a little
smaller than the existing cover
if it falls off i still got a cover under there, then the
glue will come out for a professional bodge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't know, I they look "meatier" than the TT pedals, naturally I would find an even better price :ninja:

I have the TT ones, looks grand IMHO. Did not like putting them on but seen many a thread say it was not a problem... maybe I am just a weakling :(

I dont have the dead pedal done, seen a thread where you can use a dremel and make a good fit but I wont bother with it I think. Me and a Dremel would not mix I fear.

Ahhhhhhhh Heat them up! Wish I had known that.... or thought about it.

Yeah, get them TT ones, if I was rich I would guarantee you will not be disappointed. I aint rich :( But anyhows.... go for it, I think you will like them mate.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [SIZE=+1]TT brake pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N0721173A01C
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]TT clutch pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N0721174A01C[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]TT acc pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N2721647[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]These are all for RHD.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Double check them when you order though as I dont want to take the blame if they are not correct. (I got them though and worked fine for me :superman:)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

Not the best pics in the world sorry (look at the state of my mats) :haha:...

DSC00921.jpg

30112008578_2.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

Maybe gives a rough idea.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [SIZE=+1]TT brake pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N0721173A01C [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]TT clutch pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N0721174A01C[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=+1]TT acc pedal rubber[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]8N2721647[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]These are all for RHD.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Double check them when you order though as I dont want to take the blame if they are not correct. (I got them though and worked fine for me :superman:)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Cheers mate for pics. Are these the right part no's? How much they work out at off audi?

Those are the part numbers I used.

I am out in the Czech Republic (live and work here) at the moment and got them out here at an Audi Garage. As for price, really cant remember and it was only a month or two ago sorry. I can look up receipt but even then, once I convert from CK to GBP and what with the pound doing so bad at the moment, it wont work out for you.

Pop in to a local Audi, give them those Part Numbers and they will give you a price, even just ring them mate. Should sort you out a in no time.

They could not understand why I was wanting right hand drive ACC pedal, had to take him out to the motor to see it hahahaha

Cheers
BL