1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy Inlay covered in little marks

S3 Dave May 26, 2011

1. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

Still finding my way around the new Toy and have noticed The drivers door inlay is marked :( can it be removed and polished or will i need a new one. looking at the price of plastic ones they won't be cheap i'm guessing.............

2. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

If its piano black you might be able to polish the scratches out. They can be replaced very easily tho

I had audi replace mine before i received the car as the previous owner had scratched the hell out of it with a ring

3. S3 Dave

It's Alloy so I was wondering about polishing but the dinks look too deep so i'm thinking it'll be a new one. Any ideas on price/ part number anyone please?

4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

get a flat blade and flick it off mate, part no. will be on the back

5. TheAshman

TheAshman TFSI Addict...

Let me know when you've done it too lol

Would like to get the piano black inlays for mine...

6. welshwoody

welshwoody Member VCDS Map User

If its the dimpled aluminium one then the drivers side one costs about £75, well it did 2 years ago. Mine was scratched by the previous owner, I think the metal part of the seat belt used to hit it when they took it off to quickly.

7. welshwoody

welshwoody Member VCDS Map User

Is yours a sportback? Just wondered as I have a set of Piano black inserts...

8. S3 Dave

Do you want to sell your Drivers door Alloy one then mate :) ?