1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

Hi all

What is the best alloy wheel cleaner that everybody uses, at the moment I'm using my shampoo?

Thanks

James

2. J45SON

J45SON Member

i think autosmarts spray stuff is really good. just mix it up, 1/3rd solution to 2/3rds water. very delicate on wheels.

3. James.Asbri

Autosmart Tardis?

4. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

I use megs wheel brightner. Can be quite potent but it can be diluted 1:10 if need be.

5. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

I'm still using some Wonder Wheels stuff I bought years back. Lasts forever & works well on VAG wheels I've had.
    Made a right mess of the lacquer on the wife's Micra though...

6. Hunty

Hunty Member

Valet pro billberry is very good, dilute it down to the strength required. It is also non-acidic, so doesn't remove protection on wheels when you've waxed or sealed them. Autosmart tardis is a tar remover, not wheel cleaner, that is an excellent product too, is perfectly fine to use to de-tar alloys. Meg's wheel brightener is highly rated too but I've never used it. If your shampoo does the job keep using that, until they need a good scrubbing, then bilberry gets my vote

7. fgaffney

fgaffney Member

+1 for Valet Pro Bilberry. Been using it for about 18 months now and it's never failed me.

8. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

I use wonder wheels as an initial treatment on a new car if the wheels are bad, then polish and seal with 4 - 5 coats, after that normal shampoo brings them up everytime. I wouldn't use it as a regular cleaner though, it's too acidic.

9. James.Asbri

Thanks all!