Allard 'Powerpipe' EGR delete kit Vs EGR blanking plates?

BudgieV8

Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie with Audi TDi's would like your views please.
Current car is a 1998 A4 Avant 1.9TDi 110. Suffers from the loss of power/limp mode after hitting @2600 rpm which rectifies itself if I switch off-switch on. EGR has been replaced but problem still exisits & area around the replacement EGR is soot marked. Have had a fault code done & the garage tells me its a 'manifold pressure' issue.
As the EGR is a virtually useless piece of kit, I've read on here that EGR Blanking Plates are possibly the way to go. I've also looked at the Allard 'power pipe' option.
Blanking plates: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Allard: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Q1: If I use the blanking plates, do I remove the whole EGR assembly & crinkly pipe & place the blanks over the bottom exhaust manifold hole & the top inlet manifold hole? - & block off the sensor pipe from the EGR? If so, does it work?
Q2: Allard. When I enquired about the Allard kit the man said blank plates were ok but didnt remove the 'flapper' which caused air restriction. Has anyone used this kit on a similar car? & is is worth the £53?

Thanks
Paul

Answered my own question - Allard dont do a kit for the AFN engine code so I've sent it back as I spotted it wasnt correct as soon as I unwrapped it.
However, trying to get a refund is proving a little difficult.......................