1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allard 'Powerpipe' EGR delete kit Vs EGR blanking plates?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by BudgieV8, Dec 7, 2011.

1. BudgieV8

BudgieV8 New Member

[Dec 7, 2011]
    Hello all. Newbie with Audi TDi's would like your views please.
    Current car is a 1998 A4 Avant 1.9TDi 110. Suffers from the loss of power/limp mode after hitting @2600 rpm which rectifies itself if I switch off-switch on. EGR has been replaced but problem still exisits & area around the replacement EGR is soot marked. Have had a fault code done & the garage tells me its a 'manifold pressure' issue.
    As the EGR is a virtually useless piece of kit, I've read on here that EGR Blanking Plates are possibly the way to go. I've also looked at the Allard 'power pipe' option.
    Blanking plates: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    Allard: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Q1: If I use the blanking plates, do I remove the whole EGR assembly & crinkly pipe & place the blanks over the bottom exhaust manifold hole & the top inlet manifold hole? - & block off the sensor pipe from the EGR? If so, does it work?
    Q2: Allard. When I enquired about the Allard kit the man said blank plates were ok but didnt remove the 'flapper' which caused air restriction. Has anyone used this kit on a similar car? & is is worth the £53?

Thanks
    Paul
  2. BudgieV8

BudgieV8 New Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    Answered my own question - Allard dont do a kit for the AFN engine code so I've sent it back as I spotted it wasnt correct as soon as I unwrapped it.
    However, trying to get a refund is proving a little difficult.......................