Allan McNish Audi R18 Le Mans, Big crash

I just saw this in the news! McNish isn't the lucky one there. He was in the safest place he could be! It's the marshals that are lucky! How no pieces hit anyone there is beyond me. And had that car managed to clear those barriers (again looking at replays, the car was clearly above them so what got cought and brought it back I dont know...), then it would have been a different story. There was an angel or 2 at that part of the track!

They are currently again under safety car after the other Audi was pushed off the track.

From BBC website "The accident occured between Mulsanne and Indianapolis but witnesses on Twitter reported that the German - who was a winner of this race a year ago - walked away from the crash to receive medical attention."

too right its the marshals that were lucky, did you see about 10s into the clip that the wheel of the Audi comes dropping out of the sky into the marshal area and bouncing around between the walls (in the bottom right hand corner), that could have done some damage

Last edited:
two ferrari's causing the problems.
the first crash was the worst yeh seen the wheel i know they are light wheels but sod that landing on ya from that height

Very lucky all round, heard the bang from the campsite, not the only crash but certainly the biggest, seemed to be a lot of "traffic" for the lead audis towards the end
One of the commentators in the pits said that the only straight part of the car was the wheely bin sized safety cell he sits in !

two ferrari's causing the problems.
the first crash was the worst yeh seen the wheel i know they are light wheels but sod that landing on ya from that height

I was also thinking to myself 'WTF are the Ferrari's playing at?'

The late night crash looked worse but there is no clear video of the incident.

I was at Le Mans watching the race. I didn't see the crash but heard about it from other spectators listening on the radio. I also noticed the safety car was out for at least 40 minutes so knew it was a bad one!