All-weather lights vs. front fog lights?

Rupert49

Reaction score
Just been checking out a few things in my new car manual and I see that, in addition to the standard rear fog lights, I have 'All-weather lights' in place of traditional front fog lights (I have LED headlights).

How do these differ from 'fog lights' and are they somehow a better solution?

The all weather lights are integrated into the headlamps. I have these with my Xenon headlamps on my A6 and they give a much wider spread of light when switched on. Give them a try when it's dark and you will see how effective they are.

Cheers mr.ots ... just been out to the car, turned on the ignition and the LED lights came on (they're always set to 'auto') as usual. Pressed the all-weather lights button and a massive amount of extra light appeared from the side of both headlamp units. Very impressive!

I believe there is a way to enable them with vagcom to operate as cornering lights so that they light up the road in the direction you are steering.

Sounds useful for driving along dark lanes.

Mine activate automatically as I have HDD satnav so the lights pull gps feed and illuminate junctions. They also independently work with quarter turn or more of the steering wheel.

That's what I want to know. Already tried the static cornering function in VCDS - it's not enabled so need to look elsewhere in the list of German sentences.