ALL LIGHTS - Front Facing

Furkz

Reaction score
hi, i have S-Line A4 B7 Avant 2005 and thinking of changing all the lightbulbs at the front to ice white. The Phillips Diamond white really take my fancy with some led sidelights and ice white fogs... what i wanted to know is it only the side light bulbs that throw up an error code on the dash or do i need to check all the bulbs before i buy.

just for the record im changing
sidelights
fogs
main beam and dipped

also is it true that on a S-Line you dont need to remove the bumper to change the bulbs?

Thanks In Advance

T8ups (Trups) a sponsor on here can supply you with everything you need fella, contact him he will see you right.
The bumber does not need to be removed to change the bulbs.

Mac

Reactions: Furkz
I just contacted him thanks. Is there a guide on how to change the bulbs on a S-Line

Headlights are fairly easy just unclip, sidelights need a good tug, don't twist! Fogs and sline are easy I believe just remove surround and you can access them that way.

Reactions: Furkz
Thanks guys I should be ok now

I've just done my sides and headlights (main and dipped). Makes a big difference :)

Sidelights were a bit of a pain to do - bit unnerving having to tug on the wires like that, but got there in the end.

I didnt bother with the fog lights, cos frankly, within the last 10 years, I could probably count on both hands the number of times i've had to use front fogs..... and in weather where you do need fog lights, I dont think anyones really looking at how nice and white your bulbs are.

Guess its nice to have it all matching, but in lets be honest, your front fogs are going to be predominantly un-noticed, unless you like to use them incorrectly.

Just my tuppence though :)

yeah im one of those guys that drive around on clear days with side and fog lights on and at night main beam and fogs. just because i like to be seen.... (sarcasm on a friday morning :shutup2: )

Just done them all what a mission. Fog light screws were rounded off. Wire came off sidelights. Starting raining hard. Am all cold and wet and feel abused. I guess I had to change these sooner or later. Thanks to trups for the bulbs

Reactions: t8ups
Just done them all what a mission. Fog light screws were rounded off. Wire came off sidelights. Starting raining hard. Am all cold and wet and feel abused. I guess I had to change these sooner or later. Thanks to trups for the bulbs

That was what I feared when I was doing the sidelights. How did you manage to get the holder out if the wire came off?!

Bit of a bonkers design if you ask me!

was only one wire, tbh i pushed it back in and the lights worked fine for a bit but sidelights are now not working and one beam bulb is blown. currently under investigation - so no comment whats at fault here