Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by _G_, Apr 3, 2013.
Will upload the photos and then explain all...
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
This is my first detailing post since I joined the site and as I can upload photos off my phone (Tapatalk) I thought why not...
I don't have snow foam / spray lance as cannot connect a hose to our victoria plumb taps! Frustrating... didn't think of it when ordering them. No hozelock adaptor exists to cater for the rectangular shape of the tap...
So I've got the detailing bug and I have never had this bad... Three days worth and running. All I see in my dreams is liquid black...
Orange peel on bonnet corrected. Flatted it (second time) and paint thickness was good. Bonnet looked grey and wife asked if there was something wrong with the paint. Three hours... called it a day. Just realizing it would have been an idea to do a story board form following the days...
1. Washed using two bucket method and lambs wool mitt. Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
2. Dried it off with waffle weave microfibre
3. Washed down a second time as above and then dried
4. Dodo Juice Lime Prime applied (like to start with a blank canvas)
5. Mixed Dodo Juice Lime Prime with Swiss Vax Mechanical Paint Repair for any slight road rash
6. Chipex kit used to fill any road rash that could not be saved by the Swiss Vax
7. Sonus Green Clay Bar and Dodo Juice Red Mist Detailer - 4 hours to clay whole car properly (can be done in 15 minutes but panel by panel taking your time is the best way).
8. That's Swiss Vax seal feed drying on the exterior rubber seals
1. Poor Boy's Black Hole Show Glaze applied using Megs v2 DA Polisher with Megs Black Finishing Pad
2. Dodo Juice Blue Velvet applied by hand using Megs foam pad applicator
My rule was to use one microfibre per panel (as well as fold each mf into 4 to get the most out of it)
3. Windscreen Treated with G-techniq G1, G2 and G4 / all other glass cleaned with Autoglym glass cut/polish and then spray cleaned with Meg's Glass Cleaner
4. Sealed it all with Collinite to make the wax last longer... viewed it under petrol station lights... no swirls... flood lights... no swirls... result!
Day 4: (Tomorrow) - Interior Day
1. G-techniq C1 all interior plastics (poor micro fibres will suffer and be wasted for this as it crystalizes)
2. Vacuum.. detailing brushes etc.
3. Want to get the audi mats looking nice and black again but not sure what to use.. will have a think
4. Wheels will be washed with a mf mitt. Will polish and protect alloys with G-techniq wheel armour - taking wheels off to do this properly inside and out. Will probably paint callipers black at this point too as I have been meaning to do so for a while.
5. Upholstery and seats will be cleaned with Autoglym interior shampoo
6. Engine Bay detail
Just noticed the sky and the birds in the bonnet... I need a rifle in case one of them attacks.
Great effort so far m8 can't wait to see pics up
pics not working? uploaded them with tapatalk...