1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(all) Electric Windows Button on Cab only puts windows down

andrewl74 Nov 24, 2010

1. andrewl74

andrewl74 New Member

hi all

the button that puts all windows up and down on my 04 Cab has now started only putting the windows down. when i try to put them back up, nothing happens.

can put the windows up individually but the all windows doesnt work!

help!

2. C17LJR

C17LJR Member VCDS Map User

either a dodgy button/switch or a issue with your CCM,

best to get it scanned with VCDS to check for errors

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Check with measuring blocks if the switch is recognised as in use when trying to put up, may have got some grime in the switch mate, try taking apart & cleaning as the contacts are small.

4. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

Do all audis have an all up buttonor method, i have 4 individual switches and a rear locking button?

5. mja4cab

mja4cab Member

Sounds like a faulty switch,similar thing happened to mine.

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Just the cabs, but you can do it from your fob if it's enabled.

7. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Sounds daft but do you pull it upwards quite firmly? sometimes i lift my button and have to lift it fairly hard to actually get it to raise them again???

8. defsix

defsix Member

Get some ESC electric switch cleaner / contact cleaner and spray inside the switch (under the lever) and work the switches. Something similar happened to mine , done the job , good as new.

9. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Do you have to remove the door card to access the switch in order to clean it or is there another way. It's just happened on mine.

10. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Lift the switch as if you were using it and give it a squirt then press it up and down a load of times to work the cleaner in, just make sure you use proper electrical contact cleaner !