Alfa Romeo to Audi!

Joe1.8T

Reaction score
Hi guys, after driving an alfa romeo for 1(!) hour and having bottom end failure i have seen the light and bought and a3 1.8t. Just a quick post to say hi to all.
Joe

I'm an ex Alfa driver too, what one did you kill?.....welcome

cheers guys! Mrmok: a 156 twinspark, had just changed all the belts plus waterpump and variator etc... was absolutely gutted! haha!!

welcome dude, hopefully you'll have a bit more luck.....:sign_pics:

welcome my fellow welshy what part of south wales you from dude , thats got to be one of the shortest driving historys of an alfa hope the audi is better to you

cheers guys! Mrmok: a 156 twinspark, had just changed all the belts plus waterpump and variator etc... was absolutely gutted! haha!!

That is bad luck! I had a 145 1.8ts which went on and on forever with no problems a 146 Ti which got murdered by a ****** taxi driver rear ending her and another 146 Ti which had critical engine failure at high speed on the motorway......so 2 out of 3 of my Alfa's were actually reliable and good fun to drive, could certainly see myself driving Alfa Romeo again in the future. Anyway, hope you have better luck with the Audi :)

Fran: The amount of "I told you so's" i got from friends was huge! haha Im from cardiff too! :) .

Mrmok: Yea They're lovely cars, mine was the veloce in unoxidised (!) red, with gunmetal teledial wheels (which i had also spent days refurbishing prior to doing the cambelt! lol). I gave the alfa to my brother, who fitted a recon engine and it seems to be running fine now... touch wood! Great cars to drive though, absolutely loved the handling. would love a 3.0 GTV if i could afford the petrol! :laugh:

Damo: Will try and take some pictures when it stops raining! lol