Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Well as far as I'm concerned this is far better looking.

rachel-2cv.jpg

Maybe it's just me but i think the Alfa is pug ugly.

Each to their own I suppose but that would never be on my shopping list of cars.

Good call Gilly. Sub-zero; in the same class as the Ferrari 599 in my book. Just stunning.

Obviously it's a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it

3 votes = Sub Zero
3 votes = Seriously uncool.

At least i'm not on my own when i say I don't like it.

I didnt think for one minute their would be people who out there who dont love the Alfa.

just goes to show beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Jelly mold. And whats with that front end? Quite like the wheels though.
Looks like the guy on the left designed it :) Modeled it on himself.

marms said:
Looks like the guy on the left designed it :) Modeled it on himself.

lol love it!

Car does nothing for me, I can almost smell the waterpump seizing and cambelt snapping on it from here!

Wouldnt make it onto my list

Looks fantastic.....but if I had the money would I buy it??..........not sure, for that kind of money I would want something that was reliable........therein lies the problem with Alfa

Gilly said:
since when has reliability been a measure of coolness !!

Sitting at the side of the road with your hazzards on and coolant all over the floor waiting for the AA isnt gonna make people go "wow! That cars well cool!"

And Ive seen enough new Alfas break down recently to do me a lifetime

In the defence of the Alfa 8C, It should'nt fall to pieces like any other Alfa as it is built by Maserati, and the engine is actually sourced from Ferrari.

the strange thing is, i dont even know why its got an Alfa badge at all as it was designed by Fiat, and sits on a Maserati chassis. :confused:

get the tissues out....
alfaspider.jpg

i have replaced the picture of my kids on the laptop with this...what i would give for one of these in the flesh

Stunning, had 3 Alfa's myself and they never missed a beat

At least being an Alfa in a couple of years you will be able to pick em' up for 5 grand

:tumble:

yup, I believe Mr Enzo himself use to work for Alfa Romeo

Stunning Car!

Also I believe they are building 1500 soft tops!! Humm, who needs a house anyways :laugh:

well, I still have an Alfa 156 JTDm which was my 6 month ride after my B5 dropped its power steering gubbins all over the road, but since buying the 156 last sep, the garage has had to replace £2,500 of brake and clutch hardware, and now the ARB is gone (bushes - but NOT replaceable) and after another £1500 quote, it had to be replaced, hence the B6 1.8T Sport I just bought. The diesel engine in the alfa is uber sweet, but the rest of it is just crappy italian plastic. The forums were full of poor sods wi twinsparks that threw timing belts after 18k miles etc etc, £10,000 for a factory engine!!!

Nice looking, sharp handling, crap brakes, and loads o things broke or fell off before any chance of wear & tear set in.

Back to German Steel all the way from now on, should never have veered over to the italian side :notme:

Our insurance company has one of these on cover think it was like £160,000... also a Spyker c8 La Violette on cover but can't see one of these on the wall...

This is Sub-zero be interested to see what people thought of the Spyker C8...

Has to be the prettiest car ever made! I would get a £100k+ loan if i could... Just to have it on the drive to sit and stare at!:hubbahubba:

Alfa do seem to have the nack of pretty cars, like the 156. Trouble is... I was considering a 156... then i remembered i dont want to be spending money repairing it all the time.

I have seen a couple of these now at shows, and they look pretty special in the flesh:

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

I saw one south bound on the M3 about three weeks ago. It was OK, not my fave but still would not say no!

very cool, but no I wouldnt buy one if I had a £100k

The prerequisite for a great sports car is that it needs to perform, and this doesn’t do it.

If you ever see someone driving it you will always think the person bought it for its looks, and either knows nothing about cars, and prepared to drive a boat or wanted to look good and drive it slowly.

Either way it drags the car and the owner to the seriously uncool section.

Shame really, but if it only performed 50% of how it looks it might have been cool.

I think the italians make some breathtaking cars and this one the Maserati GranTurismo S is IMO even more gorgeous.

Where's my image gone?:sob: