Alarm

a3tdi2001

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering if anyone can tell me why the factory fitted alarm on my A3 sometimes gives 3 or 4 short blips after opening the car and before starting it? Also, if the alarm has been activated during the night, is there any way of telling this when you get back to the car.
Cheers.

Means your alarm batteries are on their way out. The alarm has it's own backup supply and these units get heavily corroded over time and eventually pack up, and the alarm thinks the main battery is being tampered with so the alarm will eventually start going off in the middle of the night (usually 3am IIRC). There are some DIY fixes for replacing the batteries but without search I can't steer you to them.

andy mac is dead right what normally happens is the batteries leak and destroy the circuit board then replacement of the component is yr only option it lives underneath the central locking pump in the passenger side rear quarter its also a absolute nightmare to change

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I was out at this at 2 o'clock this morning but there weren't any indicators flashing and the sound had stopped. Woke up this morning and thought I had imagined it and was going mad!
So it looks like the side panel has to come off then? If I just disconnect the siren for the time being, will the immobiliser and the rest of the system work as normal?

yes it will,nobody will get past the immobliser