Alarm

Matt

Reaction score
Does the alarm on an A3 S-line have movement sensors? So if it was to be jacked up it would set the alarm off?

We had some really really strong winds last night, there was a particularly big gust of wind then I heard my car alarm go off! Unlocked it, then locked again and never heard anything from it the rest of the night but then the wind wasn't as strong. All I can think is that it has sensors to detect if its being jacked up and the strong gust of wind set it off?

The wind was pretty horrific last night :cold:

I've had similar problems in the past with a much older Audi (Audi 90 2.3e) and it was caused by strong winds blowing through the ventilation/heating system and setting off the ultrasonic sensors inside the car. The only cure was to remember to close all the vents at night.

I've not had any similar problems with any of my A3s.

The A3 8P does have a tilt sensor the switch to disable it is on the drivers door.

Paul

The A3 8P does have a tilt sensor the switch to disable it is on the drivers door.

Also in the same place is a switch to switch off the interior monitoring.

The Owner's Handbook also says the "The Tow-away protection protection feature, which is intergrated in the alarm system, should be be de if the car is being towed or transported (for instance by rail or ship)" I assume therefore there is some form of movement sensor.

ha ha the alarm is that quite you would not hear it !! Jacked mine up at the weekend and set the alrm off, only realied it was going off as the hazards where flashing !
Wish there was some way of getting the factory alarm to sound a bit louder !

Richard

almost certainly this was just the 'shock' sensors that detect a window being broken. there is a button on the rear edge of the drivers door (only visible with the door open) that will allow you to switch these sensors off. Next time you unlock the car/relock the car they will be reactivated.

I love the tale of the guy who parked his car near Anfield on match day. As he got out he was accosted by a few of the young local scallies who offered to mind his car for a fiver. "No need lads" he said "the rottweiler's in the back"
"Can he put out fires mister?" one asked.
He paid up.