Alarm

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Just had a "wake up call" at 00:26 by my neighbour who got back home from work and let me know that my car alarm was blazing and warning lights were flashing. Than alarm stopped and warning lights remain flashing for few seconds.
By the time I came down to the parking lot it was all finished.

Turned out it was additional mirror I have installed on suction cup to see my son on the rear seat, has dropped on the drivers seat. Must've activated the alarm internally.

Question I have "how come I haven't heard the alarm?"

It's midnight, quiet, window ajar, everybody (apart from me as on the internet in the phone) is asleep and the parking lot, although is underground but partly covered with bars. I park near the bars (5 bays away) which are directly underneath my flat on the second floor.

Tried to activate the alarm by shaking the car, pulling the door handles, wacking the windows with my elbow (it hurts) and nothing.
Just want to know it actually works and how it sound.

How can I make it go off?

Is there a way to add on extra siren to it?

Where is the siren located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rich dj
If you pop the bonnet and set the alarm and then open it,it should go off.

Or leave one of the doors a jar and do the same

Leave one of the windows open, set the alarm then pop you head inside :racer:

Reactions: QED69
Thanx guys. Will give it a go.

Tried with the bonnet and doors and didn't work.
It worked with window down and alarm armed. Than stuck my hand inside the car and it set the alarm off.
It beeps quite loud but when you around the car. It fades away further you get from the car.
Anyone replaced their's with something aftermarket but louder?
Where to find the siren? I know it is somewhere by the front wiper motor?

Another thing is that, the alarm switched off by itself. It was blazing apparently for some time and than gone quiet. Can it do like that? I always thought you have to deactivate the alarm when it goes off as it will keep on going until you press the button.
Does it need to be set somehow?

Forgot to mention that I had a guard today morning that was looking after my car

abf8af7120b6e6b36f6eafc9c20cdecb.jpg

And left me a surprise

d2e23b695cd9f30e2a9e9f12c93c54d2.jpg

In the UK by law, all intruder/car alarms have to silence after a period of time. Off the top of my head, l believe it's 20 minutes, but don't quote me.

All alarms get quieter the further away you are, that's just the laws of physics.

You could always look at some of the next generation systems out there, that send alarm notifications to your mobile in the event of an alarm trigger. :racer:

In the UK by law, all intruder/car alarms have to silence after a period of time. Off the top of my head, l believe it's 20 minutes, but don't quote me.

All alarms get quieter the further away you are, that's just the laws of physics.

You could always look at some of the next generation systems out there, that send alarm notifications to your mobile in the event of an alarm trigger. :racer:

It makes sense to silence the alarm, not to get all people around angry if it blaze for hours at night.

I understand physics and sound wave.
What I was trying to explain, that my parking bay is not far away from partly covered parking lot (partly walls with bars in them), where my flat is 2 floors up and I didn't heard the siren.

I'll check if any of the alarm sirens with message options are available, as you say.
Great tip and feature.
Thanx

Reactions: RAF_S7
Think I have flooded the alarm siren last night.

Was giving it a wash using pressure washer and was rinsing the car heavily to get rid of the snow foam I used few times.
I have a "alarm activation beep" enabled and usually it beep quite loudly but from yesterday, if is pretty quiet.
Surely alarm will not be as loud either but did not checked that yet.

How is it possible to flood it easily like that? What if it rains heavily and that would've happened?

Is it really that difficult to get to the siren to explore?
Once there to diagnose the problem, would check if I can hook up additional horn or siren to make it louder.

I did asked a car breaker on eBay once, who was selling oem siren to A6 C6, where it is buried but been told "it requires professional replacement".
For safety reasons, I understand he said that.

Anyone with ElsaWin can advise on the siren location and access difficulty level, please?

Last edited: