1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm, What Alarm?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by imported_shipp, Oct 2, 2004.

1. imported_shipp

imported_shipp Guest

[Oct 2, 2004]
    Bit of a strange one, my 2000 A6T SE has an alarm on which is good but what's not so good is the fact that it doesn't make any kind of audible alarm, it just sits there and flashes it indicators at me.

I'm sure my neighbours and any potential car thieves would like it to stay this way but I want my noisy alarm! Do these use the cars horn or is it a separate unit and does anyone know where abouts the factory fitted alarm system is based in the A6?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. gittings

gittings New Member

[Oct 2, 2004]
    Hi all,

I've just found out that my A3 1.8T Sport (only had it for a day - so still learning the controls) does the same thing.

Same symptoms, flashes the indicators but no audible alarm, be it horn or anything else.

If anyone has any ideas related to the A3 alarm it would be much appreciated...

Andy.
  4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Oct 2, 2004]
    new golfs do the same thing- found it silly lol
  5. 3x2x4sp389

3x2x4sp389 New Member

[Oct 13, 2004]
    Just got mine back from the dealer for unrelated repair and guess what? Twice today someone came in to tell me the marker lights were flashing - no horn . . . Will keep you'all posted.