Alarm went off twice this morning for no reason? + Alarm upgrade question

G

_G_

8p2, 2.0 TFSI, S-Tron. 2007
100k miles and counting..

The alarm went off twice this morning. No visible triggers or man hiding in the bushes. But if there was one I would have gone up to him and told him: "Get your own bush."

No flashing hazard lights.

No fault codes no idea!

Also while I am here... thinking of uprating the alarm to a Clifford 330X1. Will this integrate seamlessly with the existing components? I just want it to make the alarm LOUDER because when my alarm went off I thought it was the microwave at 4am in the morning! The damn cat is always hungry!

Any advice appreciated..

I just want it to make the alarm LOUDER because when my alarm went off I thought it was the microwave at 4am in the morning! The damn cat is always hungry!

Any advice appreciated..
lol good to see another trait kept by Audi,my 8L alarm went off I thought it was next doors alarm clock,that was a summers day with all the windows open in the house !
I went for a viper with proximity andknock sensors but I think they are a spent force now,a Clifford is what I would go for.

Haha cheers. Can my existing sensors be integrated with an upgrade? I don't want to get ripped if someone says: "Oh you need a new tilt and motion sensor to work with the alarm mate." I already have a tilt and motion sensor fitted by Audi. Prox. sensor sounds like a good idea though.

You might not be able to see it, but leaking rear washer causes it to soak the catch and electric sensor and overtime that could cause the car to think that the boots been opened without disabling the alarm.

If you haven't checked it its well worth it as it is a very common problem.

You might not be able to see it, but leaking rear washer causes it to soak the catch and electric sensor and overtime that could cause the car to think that the boots been opened without disabling the alarm.

Thanks that's the first thing I checked out by searching on here and most 8L users report that. Inspected the boot catch area and no leaks visible. Removed underside plastics of boot lid to inspect washer tubing/pipe but it is intact and working without any leaks. Will see how it get's on tonight.

Upgrading with a Clifford 330x1

Past experience: will keep well away from car audio security and tel cam security in West London. Sadly, CAS is the official UK dealer for Clifford Products.

Thanks.

I was going to say CAS, have you had problems with them in the past?

I was going to say CAS, have you had problems with them in the past?

Where do I start? Back in 2008 I had them do a full ICE install... screens in headrests, DVD player in boot.. three things happened: cut leather on front driver seat, long rip in footwell carpet which they tried to glue over rather than removing and fitting it properly and they must have used the bonnet as a step ladder... massive boot print and slight dent to the bonnet. Had it out with the manager who didn't want to hear it. Never going back to them again. They took the absolute biscuit on the install... did not even wire the amps properly and tried to charge me for extra wiring that was included in the quote...

My brother in law had a Clifford fitted by them and the door sensor caught fire... the fire brigade identified the cause of the fire as faulty wiring on the door sensor... beautiful mk1 golf was a write off... I found this out after 2008... as I did not know him then.

Cheers I will check out the London Car alarms dude although he does not appear to be an approved fitter/supplier. Will try find out what I can.

+1... Will be this without a doubt or a leaking wiper motor in the tailgate which is directly above the lock.

Blimey, that's terrible, and there's me thinking that being ignored by them for 20 minutes was out of order.

Not sure where u are exactly but u cud try dynamic sounds in wandsworth. I deal with them quite alot and although ive never experienced any installations (i always buy parts from them) they're always very helpful and knowledgeable. They stock clifford systems too so im sure they must of installed a fair few

Every alarm ive fitted, has always needed its own sensors.
Ultrasonics, Microwave, Tilt etc, depending what you choose.

Wheres the standard location for the siren ? Anyone know the rating db of it ? Is it actually quiet, or just buried behind sound deadening etc ?

I dont know much about how Audi implement it, maybe NHN knows more. But i would imagine you can find the siren trigger wire, and use it as a switch to a relay, for another louder siren. Or to your horn. I think horns are a good option, as alarm sirens are common to hear, a horn is more distinctive i think. Plus Audi horns are awesome!
Ive wired horns up before to Cliffords (old) and Toads.

Personally, i think its a shame to loose full function of the remote. Wouldnt like having to use 2 remotes etc.

I had the same problem, random alarms at really inappropriate times of night and day.
As said in the posts above, it was the rear wiper leaking into the boot catch causing the alarm to think the boot was open.
Next time it goes off, check the display on the dash and see if it's showing the boot open, mines did.
Took it to get fixed, replaced the wiper motor and the boot catch, no problems since then, neighbours are happy now as well. Lol
hope you get it fixed.

Last edited:
Every alarm ive fitted, has always needed its own sensors.
Ultrasonics, Microwave, Tilt etc, depending what you choose.

Wheres the standard location for the siren ? Anyone know the rating db of it ? Is it actually quiet, or just buried behind sound deadening etc ?

I dont know much about how Audi implement it, maybe NHN knows more. But i would imagine you can find the siren trigger wire, and use it as a switch to a relay, for another louder siren. Or to your horn. I think horns are a good option, as alarm sirens are common to hear, a horn is more distinctive i think. Plus Audi horns are awesome!
Ive wired horns up before to Cliffords (old) and Toads.

Personally, i think its a shame to loose full function of the remote. Wouldnt like having to use 2 remotes etc.

That sounds like a plan! I want to keep it OEM... will investigate the siren location on the weekend and play with the wiring...

NHN?? You around??

and thanks UV... checked it out and it's not the boot sensor/wiper motor. Things got a bit worse last night though... the car unlocked itself. As far as I know there are no mobile masts or interference, I locked it last night before going to bed, key in the safe and doubt it would operate from the thickness of a safe... no flashing lights... alarm went off... car unlocked... checked out the c/l door motors and relays this morning with door cards off... tested it.. all good.. no fault codes.. battery is 100% and good.. suspecting the remote (key fob) now... wonder if it is faulty... going to try using the spare key today and see how I get on... have removed the battery from the other key in the mean time.

There was the ignoring too, 20 minutes? Try 1 hour! Every time I tried to flag someone down they were "busy."
Yeh I have had okay dealings with DS in terms of buying parts but if anyone could vouch for the fitters then that would be helpful.

MODERATORS... this kind of links with my other alarms thread... is there anyway of merging it?

Sorry to hear your still having problems G.
When you do get it fixed, let us know how you did it, I'm sure your not the only one having these,problems.