alarm / tracker

tmint

Reaction score
as i can fart louder than the alarm on my a3 im intrested in getting an aftermarket unit fitted or even a tracker for when it does go walkies. I dont want to chav it up with extra key fobs and loud beeps etc when i open it but i want something with a good reputation as i have forked out alot for the car and will not give it up without a fight so to speak. Any advise on good alarms or trackers ?

Also why does the alarm go off when i jetwash the car ? Could this mean water is seaping into the car to set the interior sensors off ? :sadlike:

In answer to your first question, I had a Clifford Concept 400 on my last car, it never went off by accident and was VERY loud, it also changed tone which attracted more attention. It had a microwave sensor for interior protection which meant you could leave the windows open and not suffer false alarms, it also covered the outside of the car. If you stood too close it warned you away.
All the features including the tones were set using a PC and clifnet wizard, nice and easy.

As for your second question, its more likely that your jetwash created an increase of pressure near the fresh air intakes somewhere on the car and that increase of pressure set off the interior monitoring.

just unlock the car when cleaning - you shouldnt be using a jet wash anyway :p

Agreed with A4Quattro though, i had a clifford concept 650 in my last car...couldnt fault it!

i also had the proxi sensor which warned people away - some thought it entertaining, annoying, gay and silly but it had my mind at rest so it didnt bother me. i also had a tilt sensor fitted (which the a3 has as standard) as well as automatic locking and i was able to turn my head lights on from the keyfob (purely for security as with the new clifford you cannot set the alarm off from the keyfob)

I had intellistart so :p

I have a video of it starting itself too, how sad is that!