Alarm problem

harris9053

Reaction score
I've got a audi a3 2.0 tdi 53 plate. Every few times I lock my car, the alarm will start beeping constantly for around 10 minutes. I've tried opening and closing the doors, boot, bonnet and holding the key fobs down but nothing seems to turn it off, I had the car on a vagcom this morning and the faults are reading - 0597 Alarm Horn fault, has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help please?

batterys are ****ed in the siren

Tried clearing the code via VCDS and seeing if it comes back?

I tried to clear it and happened again when I got home and locked it,

either new second hand
or remove take apart and if alls good inside then theres a mod to replace the batteries

have a search on here theres a guide knocking around

remove your one first
check its causeing the problem
then get part number from old unit

Drivers wheel arch right up behind the wing/liner, its in a fecker of a location, I suggest buying new as 2nd user ones will have more chance of going wrong quicker & maybe ask audi to change it over.

I had this problem with my S3 about a month ago... after investigation I found out that the rear washer hose had came loose and soaked the boot button electrical terminals... a bit of wd40 and no more problems and happy neighbours!

Part No: 1K0 951 605 A
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H01 1201

Part No: 1K0 907 719
Component: Neigungssensor 002 0002

Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H03 0010

4 Faults Found:
01135 - Interior Monitoring Sensors
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
00956 - Key 2
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
000 - -

That is the fault I was getting when I had this

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/159785-h12-backup-alarm-horn-problem.html

Thanks for the help guys, yesterday I removed my wheel and wheel arch lining on the front drivers side of my car and I could only see a metal box, is this what the alarm horn is in? If yes how do you get the alarm horn out, couldn't see any screws or bolts

That's it in the box. The box is riveted on to the inner wing. I just bent and manipulated it using the rivet as a pivot point then removed the alarm box which is plug and play then just reversed my process as I didn't have a rivet gun to hand to replace it if I took it out.

Cheers mate, I'll have a go on monday when I'm free! I'll let you know how I got on!