1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alarm problem on 1998 a6 2.8 se

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by highlander1975, Nov 4, 2012.

1. highlander1975

highlander1975 New Member

[Nov 4, 2012]
    Hello, hope someone can help, today the alarm was sounding on the car, i went outside to find all the windows down the remote's were un-responsive i unlocked the drivers door the alarm was still sounding and the interior lights did not come on , i started the engine shut the windows but the alarm was still sounding i drove up the road the alarm stopped after a while but, its acting like the alarm is still armed the led's on the door still flash and i cannot unlock any other doors, i have un plugged one of the wires on the alarm horn so that only the hazards are on when i open the door.
    Any idea's or is it an expensive trip to audi?
    thanks
    jason
    P.S. as i was driving the dash thort the doors were open and the boot this was random.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. TYphoon GB

TYphoon GB Member

[Nov 4, 2012]
  4. highlander1975

[Nov 4, 2012]
    Thanks TYphoon i will take the unit out and have a look, it makes sence, going to search the net now to find out where its located on the A6
    cheers
    jason
  5. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

[Nov 4, 2012]
    On the C5 model, the siren is in the boot by o/s lamp cluster, and the locking control unit/alarm is under passenger carpet, very prone to water ingress.
  6. highlander1975

[Nov 4, 2012]
    Hi, thanks wesmaster will pull the carpet up and pull the unit out.
    cheers
    jason
  7. highlander1975

[Nov 6, 2012]
    Thanks for all your help, the carpet was wet when i pulled it up!, opened the box that holds the module and it was filled up with water. removed the module opened it up gave the pcb a isopronyl bath cleaned all the ic's etc with a brush dryed it all, re-fitted to car and everything works as it should except the remote on the keys dont work.
    is there a way of reprogramming them? if not a least the rest is all working!.
    thanks again
    jason
  8. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

[Nov 7, 2012]
    You can reprogram with VCDS, very easy or you can search the net for the procedure to re sync the remotes. Had it a few weeks ago that had to replace control unit because couldnt program remotes in, new unit fitted programmed fine. old one was also waterlogged!
    Good luck.