Alarm not sounding

Breezey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My alarm isnt sounding the indicators flash etc but nothing else, getting it scanned with VCDS on the weekend to find out more. Anyone know what it could be also ive heard the S3 alarm is crap what is everyone upgrading to?

Car is a 2001 S3 8L, AMK

Cheers

Ben

I'm running a viper with a few sensors,the S3 alarm is shocking....casio watch is louder

Most likely the siren unit which is located in the rear passenger wheelarch below the rear cluster. About £90 from squeeler-dealers, £20 from the breakers....

True, the casio watch is definately louder...

Agreed, the standard S3 alarm is pathetic from outside the car. However I can confirm that it is plenty loud enough when you've got your head in the boot with the siren a few inches from your ear while you're trying to disconnect the ****** thing because it won't stop going off OVER and OVER and OVER again. Turned to be leaky back up batteries, new unit now fitted and no more problems.

Cheers, thats what i thought read a few threads saying the batterys leak acid onto the PCB, only just bought the car so havent noticed the 3 beeps etc.

voorhee the viper you are using, can it be used with the factory sensors i really dont want to be installing motion detection etc, although i havent a clue about alarms.

I didn't get the 3 bleep warning on mine. One day it worked fine, next day the alarm was going off every couple of minutes.

voorhees the viper you are using, can it be used with the factory sensors i really dont want to be installing motion detection etc, although i havent a clue about alarms.
I have sensors but they are for detecting outside the vehicle,once the siren is activated nobody will want to go near it trust me its very loud.

general LMAO

After searching the forums i can see how crap the OEM one is, can someone point me in the direction of a decent one that will replace the OEM one with as little work as possible as i dont want to be messing about to much with it, anychance there is an alarm that will arm/disarm using the Audi key and not another fob?

Cheers

I think your going to struggle as I've never heard of one..VIPER

I did a search on this earlier and didnt find a definitive answer, has anyone actually relocated the original siren/added an additional siren or removed or disconnected the standard one and just added a new one in the bonnet??

Any advise would be great, as im looking of doing this next week.