alarm/locks/sensor problem

dannytnj

Reaction score
I recently got a used 99 a4. The power locks werent working on it so figured i would deal with it until the weather got better to take a look, but now it seems to have rained and my alarm went crazy. THe car cant really tell when the doors are closed or not, im guessing a sensor issue, my rear door light stays on, when i lock up the car it stays on for a while, then goes off, but will trip the alarm. Im sorry if the way i wrote it seems a bit confusing, just had the alarm going off every few min. all day so i had to disconnect the battery. Any ideas what it could be? thank you in advance for your help

seems like the pump in the boot which operates the locks has failed .This also has asensor which sets off the alarm .the pump can be changed but the key then needs to be recoded . i had similar but the pump could be repaired and sensor was ok .new pump is £300

do a search.
is your passenger footwell wet?
this happens when you have leaks and the body controller (mini ECU) gets wet. often down to a bung in the bulkhead being blocked, get a torch down behind your battery....you may be surprised

i decided to unplug the factory alarm until the weather dries up so i can check it out, and it seems water got in. well for now i dont have power locks or an alarm but thanks for the help, when it stops raining ill be able to remedy the problem.